Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder - tomorrow (Nov 30) is the last day to opt out.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Obligatory 11th Hour Warning ^_^

The name/address list will go out on Tuesday, so you have until Monday night (US Time, GMT-5~8 more or less) to make ANY changes or corrections to your addresses or what have you. As the OP says, once the list goes out, no more changes can be made. Also, please note that the list will be sent to the email address you use to login to CS unless you have already made arrangements with BSE to do otherwise. This would be a good time to drop BSE a PM if you want to use a different email address, or PM me if you cannot remember what email addy you use for your login (I'll be glad to look it up and PM it back to you). As usual, I'll be checking in 2~3 times throughout the day tomorrow.

Postage for US-ians should be around $12.50 including the four international stamps ($1.20ea, or 2 Forever stamps + 10c stamp) and the domestic ones (55c/one Forever stamp ea -- I think they still have Bugs Bunny stamps ); this does not account for extra costs for including additional goodies, if any For folksssesss sending TO the US, you'll need to look up costs locally. Please account for the fact that international mailings will take longer; sometimes much longer than they reasonably should. There's no hard deadline, but please try to get them sent out before the end of January if there is some sort of delay, if you'd be so kind

Please also remember to report back in this thread (once a week is plenty) to let us know whose cards you have received, so we can keep track. Some seem to get lost in the mail every year, so that's no big deal; don't worry if that happens.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Obligatory 11th Hour Warning ^_^

The name/address list will go out on Tuesday, so you have until Monday night (US Time, GMT-5~8 more or less) to make ANY changes or corrections to your addresses or what have you. As the OP says, once the list goes out, no more changes can be made. Also, please note that the list will be sent to the email address you use to login to CS unless you have already made arrangements with BSE to do otherwise. This would be a good time to drop BSE a PM if you want to use a different email address, or PM me if you cannot remember what email addy you use for your login (I can look it up and PM it back to you). As usual, I'll be checking in 2~3 times throughout the day tomorrow.
        It actually goes to whatever address you gave me when you signed up.

Guess that means I should get the labels together...

(I will most likely send the list sometime Tuesday evening, Eastern US time.)
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-29-2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Good news! I managed to stuff Kit onto one label!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Congratulations, but can the post office see him without resorting to a magnifying glass ... or a microscope?
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Edited my post

I'm sure Kit appreciates the effort.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                Congratulations, but can the post office see him without resorting to a magnifying glass ... or a microscope?
                I don't know about him, but the label is in Calibri font, either 8 or 9 point type (I forget off the top of my head; the others are 10).

Comment

While the USPS standards for address legibility on First Class mail are pretty much "Can we read the damn thing?" (it actually gets pulled and checked manually if the machine can't understand it -- part of why it costs more than Standard (aka Bulk Mail), which would just get tossed out instead), 8pt type with a sans-serif font like Calibri should be fine. That's as low as I'd go, however.

sauce: used to work for a print shop where we did tons of mailings

Comment

Don't do in a Comic Sans font though. That will guarantee you the wrath of the postal authorities
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Don't do in a Comic Sans font though. That will guarantee you the wrath of the postal authorities
                      Could we do it sans comics, though?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sans teeth,sans eyes,sans taste,sans everything!
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And I was so looking forward to using the long envelope.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

But I wasn't at all looking forward to what you intended doing with it...

Comment

Now that's what I call inspiration.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

So, Kit, what you're saying is that it should be sans Sans...?

Comment

Working...
                                X