This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Self Sighting) A Small, Cautionary Tale

Day had dawned on the great Pizza Castle - a busy day, that had put us behind. It was indeed well past 3 before I could begin work on refilling the Salad Bar (a task usually finished by 2:30). But low, some stragglers from the lunch hour had doth ordered some personals, and I was happy to oblige their requests for delicious tiny pizzas before I continued my task.

Now, the way of the Pizza Castle requires us to refill the Salad Bar several individual pods at a time - they must be taken from the salad bar up front to the food storage area in the back and their delicious contents replenished. The most convenient way to do this is to acquire a Large Pizza Serving Tray, and place a few of the salad bar pods on it for carting back and refilling.

Now I am taking these quarter empty pods back when LO! At the counter, it is the customer who's personal I had doth delivered but a nigh short time ago, frantically waving me down! Now, as Customer Service is one of the ideals of Pizza Castle, I am obliged to help her with all haste! So I head behind the counter and place the tray full of quarter empty pods down so that I may assist the customer.

Alas. I did not realize that the tray was perched atop a dangerously unstable stack of boxes.

As I assist the customer, suddenly there is a terrible crash - no! My tray and all it's pods has met the floor, scattering the tomatoes and mushrooms and broccoli all about on the ground.

The shame was so great I could but cry in anguish, and was forced to throw myself upon my own sword for the humiliation of the mistake.

And this request, what did the customer want that was so important that it was to sacrifice my work upon the bar of salad?

A fracking knife and fork for her personal pizza. **HEADDESK**

The moral of the story is don't eat pizza with a knife and fork. Not only is it primitive and barbaric, but it kills.

And also don't place trays of food on unstable stacks of boxes.

But mostly the knife and fork thing. Phillistines.

Sorry about the mess....

I have, once in a while, had to use a knife and fork to eat pizza that had a crust that wasn't, well, crusty enough...

However, I would never ask someone who was obviously already busy and had his hands full to get me something that I could probably manage without, or that could wait until I found someone who wasn't in the middle of something else.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat, you possess a rare quality known as consideration for others. A quality that very few customers possess.

Comment

Working...
      X