X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a break timer...

A test of Google-Fu! 'Cause mine seems to be failing me. >.<

I do a computer-based job which is a bit rough on the eyes and noggin. It had the worst Tetris Effect I've ever seen too though that seems to have died down. Work encourages us to take regular breaks to at least look at something else on the computer that's not uniform grey covered wih coloured map lines...

I've thought to look for a break timer. Something I can use to break up an hour into 45mins of carto and 15 mins of glancing elsewhere. I've tried to look for an adjustable break timer online but I can't find one that isn't an app or one which blanks your screen. I need one that's in the browser only - work doesn't allow us to download anything - preferably has a custom time setting and a pause button, and flashes in the icon bar or shows a pop up instead of just making a noise as I listen to music while I work...

Does this mystical website exist?
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Trying to find something for ya. Working my google-fu as best I can lol.

Edit: http://www.stretchclock.com/more/web-reminder

Could this sort of work? I know it launches stretches to do but well, if you're sitting at a computer all day that might be helpful too! XD It even has a pause button!
    Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Or maybe a watch with an alarm, or an alarm clock you put on your desk? Sorry, I'm old and old-fashioned

Comment

That stretchy one works all right, been using it today. Bit weird though and can't actually time the break itself...

Alarm clock's no good really, even if it would be easy. Noise is probably a bad thing at our generally silent office and I'd prefer something on the screen - easier to notice.
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

www.online-stopwatch.com
          It's what I use for study breaks. Just find the type of timer you want, and you can set it for anything.

Comment

Push pins into a burning candle at the desired intervals; as it burns down to the pin, there's your break time!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X