This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few weeks, already feel awesome!

On Monday a client brought in their itty bitty kitty who had a high fever. They just left, and I feel good in my part to help them out even though I'm just the Client Service Representative.

So poor kitty O has been in the ICU for the past few days. The owner left a deposit for a low end of an estimate given for the care O would need, which was around $1,200. The charges ended up being a total of around $2,400, and unfortunately we could not figure out the cause of the fever.

Owner was worried about the costs, and said offhandedly that it was too bad their pet insurance hadn't kicked in yet.

"Oh? Who are you with?"
    "<Pet Insurance that my Hospital tries to promote>"
    "Oh! Well I can try to submit the claim anyway if you would like? The worst that will happen is that it comes back "Denied" because it hasn't kicked in yet."
    "How long will that take?"
    "Should only be about five or ten minutes to get an answer."
    "Okay, but I don't think it'll be approved."

I submit everything anyway, just to be on the safe side. Like I said, worse that happens is that my program tells me it was denied.

Lo and behold, 5 minutes later the application comes back. APPROVED!

The insurance covered 90% of the costs, which meant that the Owner got a refund on her deposit she had put down.

Owner was very happy, "Oh thank god-ing," and just all kinds of grateful.

I feel good. My night has been made. ^_^
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Congratulations. It is always nice to see someone with good news.

Side note, it is also nice to see the pet insurance company not being ultra strict with the 'rules'. A little compassion goes a long way in the world.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
    X