This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee nice to know I'm loved!

So following a failed teaching placement, I returned to work. These are some the reactions I've had from the kids at the three schools I work at:

-"<REAL NAME!> DON'T EVER LEAVE US AGAIN FOR SIX WEEKS!" (I was gone for 3. She didn't have this reaction after I left for TWO weeks!)
    -I missed you <real name>
    -One kid attached herself to me and refused to let go for a good chunk of the shift.
    -Another kid spent the entire shift following me until she was picked up.
    -Yay she's back!
    -One of the preschoolers we pick up from my new "main site" attached himself to me and refused to let go. (I consider my "Main site" to be anywhere I'm working 2+ days at. Because my shift at <former main site> was cut in the afternoons, I only work mornings there now)

I've told a few of the kids I'm moving interstate as well. The responses I got to THOSE were:

-"So you'll have to put up with his stinky socks"
    -"Ooh, what school?" (This kid may also be moving to Sydney and wanted to know where I was working)
    -Will you come back? (Duh!)

I'm gonna miss these guys.
    Last edited by fireheart; 05-24-2014, 04:12 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Such a nice, heartwarming story. Let's hope that attitude stays so they don't become ducky students in the future.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
      Such a nice, heartwarming story. Let's hope that attitude stays so they don't become ducky students in the future.
      I'm hoping so too. Especially given the extremely crappy shift I'd had earlier in the week.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X