This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owie

Just finished unloading a 1200-piece truck with three people total, two for much of the night.

Lost one guy off the crew because he says his mother has been diagnosed with cancer. This I believe.

Another guy called out because his grandfather is supposedly in the hospital. I am skeptical of this; the guy calling has had a few suspicious call-outs.

And then I lost two more guys because they were at a track meet for school and my manager did not bother to tell me they would be gone.

If anybody needs me I'll be taking a cold shower and an entire bottle of ibuprofin.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I feel your pain Irv.

When my pizza place first started their low low cheap cheap pizza deal about 4 or 5 years ago, our trucks went from 130 pieces and 2000 pounds to over 300 pieces and 6000+ pounds all put away by me myself and I. AND I got really REALLY good at Tetris.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      If anybody needs me I'll be taking a cold shower and an entire bottle of ibuprofin.
      Bad move. IANAD, but from what I've heard the 3 major OTC painkillers (ibuprofin is one of them) have a limit on the level of pain they will affect. If taken for a stronger pain, they won't work at all. All that increasing the dosage will do is give you more exposure to side effects and drug toxicity. Short form: if the usual 2 tablets don't do the job, you need something stronger, not more of the same.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie, I think he's just kidding. But yeah, too much ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding and too much acetaminophen can do a number on your liver. Some people can take more than a standard dose of ibuprofen, but that should definitely be okayed by your regular doctor, who knows your history.

When I have an especially hard night at work (like spring break weeks and back to school), I love a hot bath with epsom salt and lavender.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          wolfie, I think he's just kidding. But yeah, too much ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding and too much acetaminophen can do a number on your liver. Some people can take more than a standard dose of ibuprofen, but that should definitely be okayed by your regular doctor, who knows your history.

When I have an especially hard night at work (like spring break weeks and back to school), I love a hot bath with epsom salt and lavender.
          Interestingly I had that convo with my doc when my back was acting up. At my weight (one lardass), one tablet is just about at the bottom of the useful dose range.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Ooooh, that sounds marvelous. Follow it up with a BioFreeze rubdown, and it's heaven on earth.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
              Interestingly I had that convo with my doc when my back was acting up. At my weight (one lardass), one tablet is just about at the bottom of the useful dose range.
              Yes, some people need or can benefit from a higher dose of (any drug) than is the standard: but I cannot recommend strongly enough that you (generic you) check with a doctor or pharmacist before altering the dose.

Aspirin, ibuprofin, aceteminophen/paracetemol ... all can seriously screw you over or kill you if you take too much. How much is too much? Depends on your individual body.

So yes, the standard dosages for over the counter drugs are an attempt to be within the 'safe but useful' range. There is advantage in talking to a doctor or pharmacist about individual adjustments.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                If anybody needs me I'll be taking a cold shower and it's off to the all-you-can-eat buffet with an entire bottle of ibuprofin.
                Fixed that for you. Seriously, don't even consider taking even 1 ibuprofen without food!
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                  Fixed that for you. Seriously, don't even consider taking even 1 ibuprofen without food!
                  Ye little gods and goddesses, no! Before I had the ops, I had Carpal Tunnel (a form of repetitive strain syndrome) in both my wrists. I lived on extra-strength ibuprofen, and ended up putting on a stone because you never, never, ever took them without eating unless you wanted the world's worst acid reflux afterwards *shudders* Even with food I'd often pop a Zantac just to be on the safe side.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Wow I've never had an issue taking ibuprofen without food. I regularly take two for headaches because ibuprofen/naproxen are the only things that touch minor headaches for me, and I rarely have food to go along with it, and I've never had side effects.

Also: you can alternate doses of acetaminophen/paracetemol with ibuprofen every 2 or 3 hours, and acetaminophen and aspirin can be mixed safely (as in Excedrin). But don't double up on ibuprofen and naproxen. They work the same way and can cause an overdose if taken together if the combination goes over the maximum allowed dosage.

Comment

The "entire bottle of ibuprofen" thing was a joke. The most I will take in one go is three, and only on a full stomach and if my headache really isn't fucking around.

Thanks for the advice on ibuprofen/acetaminophen thing. Excedrin is really effective for my headaches, but it makes me too jittery and keeps me from sleeping (caffeine).
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X