This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I walked out today, hurray for me!!!

Well, not really. I quit first and there was no drama at all.

At work, we had 7 different passwords for 7 different programs we NEEDED. All of the programs had different password requirements and time allowed before change. This meant you could not use any of the same passwords for all or even any of the programs.

At 17 weeks to retire, I knew that leaving now would cost me 37 bucks a month for the rest of my life.

I hated the top manager. I would go to bed mad at stuff she said/did, and wake up mad because I had to work for her again.

Being locked out of that program meant that I had a choice. Did I want to be yelled at because I didn't claim a client within 5 minutes of start due to a help desk call, or did I want to be yelled at because I claimed a client on time, but couldn't actually start working for 10 minutes due to being on a help desk call.

I made my choice, I don't want to be yelled at over stupid shit anymore, told my direct sup I was leaving, emailed HR, attached my file of documentation about the lead manager, grabbed my personal stuff and left.

This is just another example of why the state has a whopping 60% per year retention rate for employees, and why it is costing so much to train/retain people.

I was good. My accuracy rate was 100%, my times were always exceeding expectations, my clients loved me so much they would come back and ask for me by name because they loved me and liked how I understood their case so well.

Its over and I am happy. I think I will sleep much better from now on.

*applause*

Well done you!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Congratulations!! Your peace of mind will make up for the lack of 37 bucks.

Comment

37 bucks won't pay for therapy. Good trade if you ask me. Congratulations!

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
          37 bucks won't pay for therapy. Good trade if you ask me. Congratulations!
          Exactly! Congratulations on an excellent decision, and on a nice peaceful life from now on!
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

As Seshat once told me, "Sometimes, a 'better' job [or, in your case, a better retirement] is less money but less stress."

With just a little forethought and planning, jobs like this could be vastly improved. Fewer hoops to jump through, less time wasted, less stress. But they just can't be bothered to think things through a little more thoroughly, and then wonder why they keep losing people.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You made the right call, I'm sure you can find a savings of $37 per month somewhere.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This was honestly the best decision I could have made. My stress levels have dropped to almost nothing, I am sleeping much better and spending less time in bed and more actually doing all the piddly stuff I'd been ignoring.

As to saving money...I was smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day. The pack I am currently working on was opened Friday. After I finish off the half carton here, that will be it because I don't need to smoke anymore. Just making that change will save much more than 37 a month!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    Just making that change will save much more than 37 a month!
                    And your lungs. Can you go all the way and quit?

Enjoy your retirement!
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                    X