This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melted cash

Although this was two years ago, the idea of cash melting under a hot sun or near a heat source is still too good to be true to me!

Link here:
    http://www.thatericalper.com/2012/07...ore-they-melt/

Do you have any more links about melted cash in your area? I know that Canada isn't the only country to use polymer bills.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Nice. The article mentioned a toaster oven as one of the things that was hot enough to melt them o_O ...Which, when in operation, would normally be quite a bit hotter than the 140C (around 280F) that the things were rated for, I would think...They mentioned cars and heating units, too.

If they DO melt under just the sun's heat...yeah, I'd be really worried
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I wanna know who keeps their money in a tin box under the heater.

Comment

Maybe they just don't wanna keep cold hard cash around the house ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We melted the filling out of US "sandwich" coins... with the Bunsen Burner in Chemistry.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Aus has been using plastic notes for years (iirc, first country to do so) and I've never heard of this occurring over here

Sensationalist reporting rallying against change perhaps?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              I wanna know who keeps their money in a tin box under the heater.
              Old folks who don't trust banks prolly. Money has been found in some interesting places over the years for the same reason.
              Seph
              Taur10
              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
              X