This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy people!

I don't know why but damn it seemed like everybody was super grumpy yesterday.

There was a lady on a slot machine a few feet from the cage and it was quiet enough to where I could hear her especially since she was yelling at me.

SC: Why won't my ticket work!?

I kind of pretended not to hear her because I wasn't going to yell across the room. It could be anything but without seeing the ticket I couldn't tell her. Plus I'm not slots, I'm in a freaking cage and I can't walk over there so....

She storms up to me and throws her ticket at me.

Me: *looks it over* Oh, I think it's because you have .71 cents at the end and trying to play a quarter machine-

SC: That is unacceptable! Gimmie that!

She snatched it out of my hands (thank god I didn't get a paper cut) and runs away in a snit. I was going to tell her I'd be more than happy to cash it out for her but since she ran off like a loony I refrained.

I had a guy who ran his card in the atm. Now, we have a new system in place where there are more options and really confusing but if you READ carefully you can avoid it.

We have three options instead of two now. There is ATM (which is what you want when using a pin) Debit--now I do understand why its confusing everybody picks this one because the name and I would too IF it did not say in huge letter underneath it: "Higher fees apply" This option is used when you've gone over your daily limit and yes they charge a crapload more money to have it done and the third option is credit where they again charge a ton of money.

So guy in my window picked the debit and was charged $22. Which to me IS outrageous and I do feel bad but when I go on vacation I bring my cash because I know of this problem.

SC: Charging me to get my OWN money out! I have over 10k in there!

Me: Sorry about that.... Which option did you choose?

SC: like it fucking matters.

ME: It does sir (I explain why--the higher fees thing)

We get on with the process and he bitches and whines the whole time.

SC: Like you really care anyway.

I chose not to engage at this point. Nothing I could say would make him happy so I just kept my trap shut.

I cared until he was a douche.

Me: How would you like your three hundred?

SC: In cash of course!

Me: I meant: would you like hundreds?

SC: Whatever. And don't give me any of that funny money!

I assumed he meant the new hundreds? Which are sooo pretty! I love the new ones.

I pay him his cash and he finally leaves. It is frustrating on how the machines work but if I designed them or owned them this wouldn't be a problem.

Let's face it. The machine could have one option labeled "Get Cash Here" and there would STILL be people who screw it up.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      I cared until he was a douche.
      It's too bad you can't tell them that.
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Wait, Mr. Big Spender has over $10,000 in his account and he's bitching about $22? I mean yeah it's a high fee, but it's not like he can't afford it. He probably blows way more than that on the slot machines.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If they feel the need to tell you they have 10k in their account... they don't.

Comment

$22? *faints*

And I'm really sorry about the grief you no doubt encounter because of the outrageous fee.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X