This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Point-less" Edition

At around 1 AM a lady called to ask if we had any rooms available. I told her that we did, and she attempted to make a reservation (which management doesn't want us to do, due to the fact that many of them are No Shows, which we don't charge). I told her that I could hold the rooms, but not make any reservations. At no time did I hear her mention anything about [Loyalty Program] Points, though she did seem VERY confuse about the nature of the "Hotel Day".

An hour and a half later, when she came in, she gave me her [Loyalty Program} Number and said that the rooms were to be paid for utilizing her points. She said that she had worked everything out with another desk clerk at another hotel, from the area where she originated.

Unfortunately, this is COMPLETELY WRONG. In order to use your Points, you HAVE to call the [Loyalty Program] directly. They are the ONLY ones that can book "free" room using Points.

When I informed this guest of the discrepancy, she couldn't understand why nothing could be done a 230 AM to rectify the situation. She called the other hotel, and had me speak to them. It was then that they informed me that the misinformation had come from a new hire. I explained the situation to the guest, and she was very upset about it.

She also couldn't understand why, even though it was technically Tuesday, the date of check-in was Monday Night. And we went a few rounds on that.

She did eventually check in, paying with various means. But she made it clear that she wanted to talk to management in the morning.

To be honest, nothing here REALLY sucked, but it was pretty darn annoying. Especially trying to get her to understand the Program.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Why don't you charge no shows?

And it drives me CRAZY when people argue that because they are checking in at 1 am that they should be able to stay for about a day and a half. Um, No.

I HATE the hotel I am currently employed at, but that is a rant for another time.

Comment

We have a rewards program too that used points and I'd like to kick the behind of the person who thought that it was a good idea to make that program up. They are nothing but a pain in the behind to us front desk clerks.
      They taught us how to book rooms using these points but it is so complicated and our system isn't the best. It keeps crashing and error messaging. Hmm, it wouldn't surprise me if they made it buggy on purpose...:\
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
        Why don't you charge no shows?
        We DO charge no shows. We don't generally charge no shows for reservations that the Front Desk booked. If you book through the web (at all) or through the 800 number, you WILL be charged for a no show.

However, no shows that were booked directly through the desk, management believes, have a higher chance of being charged back to the card.

On top of that, about 80% of the time, is someone tells me that they are coming in with in x time, they never show up, and then I have to cancel the reservation, so management has told us not to make any reservations for the same night after X time, so we don't have "x number of cancelled reservations" on the paperwork we send to the owner.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          She also couldn't understand why, even though it was technically Tuesday, the date of check-in was Monday Night. And we went a few rounds on that.
          I disagree. I think she totally understood, but was trying to get what is essentially a second night free. It's actually one of my pet peeves when a SC tries to reason that because the calendar date is just barely past midnight, they should get the room until the next calendar date.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
          X