This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job interview with a nut...

This is from a couple of years back,but he still remains vividly etched in my memory.
    I was working in the office for a drop-in centre for people with drug/drink/carer issues. One of our clients wanted someone to do some accounts for his company- few hours a week,very simple.

His 'company' turned out to be some spiritual thing he had come up with and his income came from selling pamphlets/books/etc and from money he charged to attend his 'talks' on how to make the world a better place....
    His mind had become a crystal-he had taken in the light and that was now shining out of him,so others could see.They would be drawn to him and by receiving that light,their minds would become crystal and attract others.Eventually,there'd be thousands of little crystal-people scampering about shining brightly unto others.

Most of the interview was taken up with him explaining this and trying to persuade me to have a pamphlet.Eventually we got onto the actual job...

Whatever crystal light had zapped him had missed a few dark corners.His pet project had somehow been registered as a charity.Donations were to be made into this account-and then transferred into his personal bank account to get the interest. Just before April 5,it would be sent back into the charity account to avoid the tax. And he wanted a second set of accounts showing that the money had been in the charity account nicely as it should be all along.

There are now enough alarm bells to start a small orchestra,and I knew if anyone investigated-I was the one who would be doing the accounts and would be dropped right in it.And this guy seemed weird enough to do that quite happily.I departed.....

....until a couple of months later when I was flathunting.One house share seems very nice,but there was something about the address that was familiar,but I couldn't put my finger on.And then I happened to see the mail on the table-it was him again.Confirmed as we went past the bedroom door with his weird crystal signs on again!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.
Working...
X