This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Carpets = Better Business

I'm going to put this up on behalf of my CW, J, who is still bewildered by this complaint. (if this needs to be moved then go ahead )

Some woman came up to J who was cleaning up the cinema and said to him.
    "You know, if you changed your carpets you would get more business. The carpets look disgusting here." (she doesn't like the pattern on the carpet).
    He just stood there bewildered and confused about it. He apologised about them and she walked away. Now, J is very down to earth. He doesn't care for expensive things and a good day consists of sitting at home having a nice cool beer. He cannot stand EW and snobby people. After 2 weeks he is still pissed off about this!
    A lot of people excuse the state of this cinema because they know it's old (90 years old to be exact). As long as you get food and a seat for the movie everything should be fine. Apparently, this lady wants to look at the carpets instead and feels the need to complain to a simple employee who cleans up stray popcorn cornels that the carpets should be changed! Some people live to complain about dumb little things like this. At least these people make good funny stories that we can chuckle at later.
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

Not to take her side, but have you seen some of the movies they've been putting out lately?

Staring at the floor for two hours might be an improvement.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
      Not to take her side, but have you seen some of the movies they've been putting out lately?

Staring at the floor for two hours might be an improvement.
      Hahaha!! Alright, you got me there! :P
      How have I not killed anyone yet?

Comment

I could understand complaining about the carpets if they were filthy and covered in spilled soda and food, but just because you don't like the pattern?

As a major movie fan, all I care about a theatrical presentation is A.) good projection B.) good sound and C.) no one in the audience talking or fiddling with their cell phones. Give me that and as long as a mouse doesn't run over my foot, I don't give a fuck about any other aesthetic aspect of the theater. If you're staring at the floor in a movie theater, you're going there for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

I was once outside smoking with a coworker and someone came up and complained to him about the lack of sidewalks on the road to get to the store. The idiot told him (not me, I guess that as a female, idiot knew that I wouldn't be able to do anything) that our store was losing a lot of traffic because people were afraid to walk the quarter mile up a very steep incline with all that traffic.

My coworker just nodded and agreed, I didn't bother to say anything about how he could have safely walked into the other end of the mall and walked on flat floors into the store and avoided all of those big trucks using the delivery road.

After said idiot walked away, I looked at Steve and said "you are going to get right on that, right?" He nodded and agreed that he would do something about it right away. The poor man has been working retail for over 40 years, the SC's have totally broken his give-a-shit.

Comment

"Good Carpets = Better Business"

This principle also holds true in a brothel.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              "Good Carpets = Better Business"

This principle also holds true in a brothel.
              Really? I though the trend in brothels these days was no carpets, judging from the pictures posted online.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

WTF....? You can only see the carpets for a couple of minutes while you walk to your seat, assuming you don't get there after they dim the lights. Who cares??
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to go to one theater that had no carpet and sticky floors. The prices were a quarter of anywhere else and the movies only about a week behind. The floor is not important. That's why I wear shoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X