Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's funny, I loathe Christmas carols with a passion, clenching my jaw every time I hear one gives me a tension headache, they make me actively angry...except little drummer boy. I wouldn't say that I like it, but it's the only one of the bunch I can stand in any way, shape or form.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

They have started playing a cover of "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. I really hate this. I love that song, but I feel they are dirtying it. By making it about buying things not comforting things, if you know what I mean.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        That's funny, I loathe Christmas carols with a passion, clenching my jaw every time I hear one gives me a tension headache, they make me actively angry...except little drummer boy. I wouldn't say that I like it, but it's the only one of the bunch I can stand in any way, shape or form.
        Only version I like of that song is the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet where Bowie sings his own song over the melody.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Only version I like of that song is the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet where Bowie sings his own song over the melody.
          The song Bowie sings is called "Peace on Earth". (I have this duet on my iPod.)

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
            The Trans-Siberian Orchestra does a nice Christmas album. The Lost Christmas Eve I think it's called.
            Yes it is. It was a tradition to play it as part of our music list for the holidays where I worked (we were in control of the music system at the time). Wonderful music.

Here we go. This is the song that got me hooked on the album (and the video that got my attention. The track is called "Wizards in Winter".

And because we got to choose the music, we got to get some "different" songs loaded in. Pretty sure one year we managed to sneak in "Christmas at Ground Zero".
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My new favorite is "Santa Claus is Pagan Too" by Emerald Rose. Doesn't seem to be available as a single download, though.

When I was a kid we had an album called "Switched on Santa." It was Christmas songs done on a synthesizer. We no longer have it, couldn't play it if we did, and it's very hard to find now. Last year I found some of it on Youtube, though.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X