Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too lazy to clean until she was yelled at (slightly gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too lazy to clean until she was yelled at (slightly gross)

Yesterday was "bring your pet to the mall to get a picture of Santa" night. There was a parade of dogs through the mall, some well behaved, some rather not.

One owner and her son brought in her beautiful brindled bulldog. Dog was promptly sick all over the mall floor while waiting for Santa, leaving several large puddles of vomit. Owner grabbed napkins from the food place nearby and cleaned up the smaller piles of puke but left one of the larger ones untouched. It was very large, very obvious and rather unmissable. Owner looks at the puddle and shrugs.

Guy of $ethnicity comes strolling by, talking on his cell phone in his native language. Guy steps in puddle. Guy looks down, looks at owner and starts yelling at her. Owner has a deer in headlights look and then grabs more napkins to clean up the puke.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Why would you bring your dog to the mall if they are sick? Like all creatures, dogs show obvious signs of illness well before the major puking starts.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Or if the dog gets nervous and pukes, like mine used to. Or, if its a huge mess, maybe try and flag down some of the mall staff, but also try and clean it up as best you can.

Comment

I wonder if Santa would freak out if someone brought a monitor lizard?

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
          That ^^^
          lol!
          "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

But i don't WANT to meet Santa...

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              Why would you bring your dog to the mall if they are sick? Like all creatures, dogs show obvious signs of illness well before the major puking starts.
              Not necessarily. Our first dog (or at least the first I was born for) would happily be bounding around, roughhousing, suddenly stop with a weird look on his face, throw up, then go bounding up to you to keep playing.

The vet never could find anything specifically wrong with him. I do know he stopped doing it after we changed the brand of dog food we fed him, so maybe there was something that irritated his stomach in that brand (it was always the multi-flavour pack, so it wasn't just one thing).

To be honest, dogs throw up very easily. They evolved as scavengers as well as hunters, which means their systems are designed to handle things at a more advanced stage of decay than we can. It also means that their digestive systems are primed to get rid of anything too much for them to handle very quickly in the most efficient way possible; hence the tendency to throw up or get the runs easily then bounce back very quickly.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                Actually there was a second "bring pet in for pictures with Santa" night last night. Someone brought in their pet sheep, pet dog and pet pot bellied pig.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I feel for that dog It was sick, literally, and was probably feeling miserable enough without being dragged out into an unfamiliar place full of weird people and unusual smells. People need to take some damn responsibility for their pets and treat them nicer.

Comment

I had a very dear dog who had distemper as a puppy; I nursed him through it with no complications, except worries about his stomach... It took me several years to figure out that, if he thought the kitties were stealing my attention from him, he'd drink the contents of his water bowl, come into whichever room we were in, and puke it at me.

He was a wonderful and very smart dog.

I have had many dogs (I used to do breed rescue) and can say that most of them throw up very easily. Dinner hasn't settled right? Hork it up and eat it again. Eugh. But they cleaned up after themselves! (With me watching and gagging. Eugh, again.)

But I still say the best alarm clock in the history of ever would be a recording of a cat barfing!
                    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post

But I still say the best alarm clock in the history of ever would be a recording of a cat barfing!
                      Second best. First is the sound of a Realtor coming in your house without warning.* Woke me the f up for sure.

*pretty sure they aren't allowed to do this without knocking or ringing the doorbell but how to prove it?
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                      X