This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOGOsity

I'm in line at the Bull's eye, number 3 in my queue. Then, oh, I don't know what to call him, let's say Cat Herding Manager (CHM) tells the lady in front of me that lane #4 just opened up. He looks at the customer #1, currently being served, and suggests I follow, since #1 was a big order. So we proceed to lane #4... and some lady swooped in from who knows where to be #1. I know CHM didn't direct her to the lane, since it had just opened. She swooped in thru a closed lane next to us. Ugh. So I'm still #3. At least her order looks small...

...until she starts arguing that the price is wrong, because these four things are Buy One, Get One (BOGO) Free. No, insists the cashier, they are not. We don't have a sale like that currently running. Yes you do. No we don't, we have-. Yes they are. No they're not, it's for-. No it's not, these are BOGO!

#2 had put her items on the belt, and apparently knew about the sale. No, they are BOGO Half Off, but not those, for some other toys. No it's not. Yes it is. No it's not. Yes it is. Every time cashier or #2 tried to explain it, she would interrupt and talk over them, repeating "These are BOGO!" Over and over and... Of course, in all this time, #1 from my previous lane finished checking out, as did the person who had been behind me.

The CHM comes up to tell me lane #6 is now open. Thank you!! #2 told me to go ahead, since her stuff was all on the belt. I'm checked out in 2 minutes, and as I turn to leave, Cashier #4, Swooping Lady, and #2 are peering at a print ad, trying to explain to SL the error in her thought process. I'm heading out as SL says the inevitable dreaded words : "I want to see a manager!" and the lane number goes into blink mode...

On the plus side, at least SL wasn't yelling, swearing or being excessively rude, aside from refusing to listen to reason. I don't know how cashiers survive "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
    I don't know how cashiers survive "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
    Lots and lots and lots of adult beverages. You really think that's water in the water bottles?
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Urg! Stuff like this happens to me all the time. I go to a register that looks like it's going along okay, then boom! Drama! The price is wrong, there's a payment issue, or sudden argument over the city's no plastic bag policy, whatever. And I'm trying to be nice and patient, but it's hard when all the other lines are just zipping along.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

One thing I HATE HATE HATE with the fire of a thousand flaming suns is people who keep interrupting because they refuse to even consider that they might be wrong. Honestly, if I had been the cashier, I'd have yelled SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME! And then been fired, I guess.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Lots and lots and lots of adult beverages. You really think that's water in the water bottles?
          Nope! Because per policy, at the Bulls-Eye, cashiers aren't allowed to have water bottles at their lane without a doctor's note saying that it's medically necessary.

Of course, no two managers have the same thoughts as far as how strictly this policy is enforced, so YMMV.

Comment

Wow. Just . . . wow.

My patience has been running very thin of late. If I'd been held up by this bitch, I think I would have let out a loud "For FUCK'S SAKE!" at this SC, and told her to pay up or get out.

It's not the season. I'm just . . . tired. Tired of bullshit.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

But it IS the season. It gets people all worked up and shit.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Honestly, if I had been the cashier, I'd have yelled SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME! And then been fired, I guess.
                I have a better way. It's really simple and does not get you fired. When they start talking over you, interrupting, you stop talking. Don't say a word more, just stand there. Don't do anything, say anything, look anywhere - just stand there.

When they stop talking and look at you and say "Aren't you going to fix it?" You reply, "I have been trying but you won't let me talk."

As well, you then state your case and stop talking. If they contradict you, just stand there. DO NOT argue with them. You have stated what it is and if your manager asks you what you are doing, you can say "I told the customer that was not a sale and they did not believe me, so I was not arguing with them." It takes a extra effort of will power to do it this way, but they can't complain because you are not arguing with them.

Comment

Quoth phoenixv07 View Post
                  Nope! Because per policy, at the Bulls-Eye, cashiers aren't allowed to have water bottles at their lane without a doctor's note saying that it's medically necessary.

Of course, no two managers have the same thoughts as far as how strictly this policy is enforced, so YMMV.
                  When I was at Wal-Mart we had that policy.. until a nurse yelled at the manager when the store was very hot and she inquired why we weren't allowed water up front.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                    I have a better way. It's really simple and does not get you fired. When they start talking over you, interrupting, you stop talking. Don't say a word more, just stand there. Don't do anything, say anything, look anywhere - just stand there.

When they stop talking and look at you and say "Aren't you going to fix it?" You reply, "I have been trying but you won't let me talk."

As well, you then state your case and stop talking. If they contradict you, just stand there. DO NOT argue with them. You have stated what it is and if your manager asks you what you are doing, you can say "I told the customer that was not a sale and they did not believe me, so I was not arguing with them." It takes a extra effort of will power to do it this way, but they can't complain because you are not arguing with them.
                    I will also add that it annoys SCs like crazy if you smile sweetly at them, constantly use please and thank you and a pleasant tone of voice. It drives them crazy and there's nothing they can do, cuz a manager would think them nuts if they complained "the cashier kept being polite to me and smiling!" XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

No, then they'll say you're mocking them.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                      X