Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know, when it's busy, you do have to wait...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, when it's busy, you do have to wait...

Al and I were finishing up our Christmas shopping today and stopped by the Pancake of Many Countries which isn't too full. We take awhile to order, and are approached by a manager a few minutes afterwards.

Apparently, earlier in the day a couple people had come in (presumably during the church rush) and ordered two meals. When they didn't receive them yesterday, as per SC time, they got up and left. This apparently caused some problem, the manager would have to discount the food or something that I guess would reflect badly on the restaurant.

Our meals came up to $35 and he made us an offer. We could pay for the walkout's meals, and in doing so pay about $8 less overall than we would have buying our own meals since our order hadn't gone into the system yet.

I really don't get it. You see a crowd. And in a chat with the manager we went over how if someone else "just got a waffle" and was served ahead of the SC (which is what they wanted, to be served ahead of everyone else) they'd raise holy hell.

I should really stop asking WHY people think this is okay behavior.
    Last edited by Tama; 12-22-2014, 06:21 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Because the world revolves around them, don't you know. The other seven billion humans on this planet? Irrelevant. They are the only ones who matter, and everyone else should step aside for them!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
    X