This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    She was NOT getting one thing. She would sneak back SEVERAL times to reload her plate. She didn't buy anything, because she "preferred a more quality" store. Her words. So the grocery store stopped putting out samples until that person gave up.
    (Because I'm tacky)
    Took the whole bowl of restaurant mints. Hey, it said they're free

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What a lot of SCs don't realise about them taking loads of plastic bags, sugar packets etc is that the costs of replacing the bags fall on them, the customer, as a result. Stores have to make up the money somehow and the usual way to do it is to raise prices.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I hate people who do that. I will admit to, once or twice, when a new artificial sweetner came out, taking ONE packet, while eating at a restaurant, so I was paying for something, but not needing it for my drink right then and there. I wanted to try them out, and didn't want to buy a whole box or package, in case it wasn't good. But i think I did that exactly twice, only took one, and was also paying for a full meal, beverage, etc.

Comment

We used to set up a refreshment table at the swamp every time we had Another Damn Senior Day. It had packages of cookies (requisitioned from store stock), juice (again requisitioned from store stock) and maybe a big urn of coffee (the cups for the coffee were requisitioned from store stock).

And people would come in, take a package of cookies or a bottle of juice, and walk right out without buying anything. Also, whenever we had coffee we were always finding the damn cups left all over the place. So bye bye refreshments table.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            We used to set up a refreshment table at the swamp every time we had Another Damn Senior Day. It had packages of cookies (requisitioned from store stock), juice (again requisitioned from store stock) and maybe a big urn of coffee (the cups for the coffee were requisitioned from store stock).

And people would come in, take a package of cookies or a bottle of juice, and walk right out without buying anything. Also, whenever we had coffee we were always finding the damn cups left all over the place. So bye bye refreshments table.
            And this is why we can't have nice things!
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              What a lot of SCs don't realise about them taking loads of plastic bags, sugar packets etc is that the costs of replacing the bags fall on them, the customer, as a result. Stores have to make up the money somehow and the usual way to do it is to raise prices.
              But look at the bright side. Soon they will have to pay 5p for every bag they take. Not that they won't complain about it. And when they complain, tell them to take it up with their MP.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                And people would come in, take a package of cookies or a bottle of juice, and walk right out without buying anything.
                Too late for the Clearance Swamp, since refreshments during ADSD have been discontinued, but am I evil to suggest drilling a small hole in the juice bottle in such a place that it wouldn't cause problems when pouring a glass of it and putting the bottle back on the refreshment table, but if someone were to take the whole bottle and put it in their purse the (so the thief thinks) sealed bottle would leak its contents all over the place? Of course, if they tried to return the bottle, the hole would be a dead giveaway that they had taken it from the refreshment table instead of buying it.

Alternately, when a bottle is put on the refreshment table, dispose of the cap in the trash can in the employee break room, so it can't be re-closed.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We had a frequent flyer in the ER whom I caught in the hospital cafeteria late at night, stuffing her purse with sugar packets and creamer packets, and other stuff. While the line was closed late at night the dining room was open because of all the vending machines in there. The cafeteria staff never put the condiments away after closing the line for the night.

I ordered FF to put all the stuff back, or I would call the cops and have her arrested for stealing . . . and then she wouldn't get her daily dose of narcotics that she was really there for.

She meekly complied.

As she left, I told her if I ever caught her doing this again I would call the cops no questions asked.

I mentioned it to the cafeteria supervisor; she shrugged and ignored the suggestion this stuff be locked up after hours.

And people wonder why health care costs so much
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X