This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm... tasty tunes

So today in the shop we had a rather meagre selection of CDs (come on,35 different renderings of Christmas carols on the oboe or something ghetto...) so we had to go with the Rock Tunes of the 70s with no sleeve on.
    One particular offering was a rather jaunty little tune which seemed to be titled Timothy. After about the fourth hearing it seemed worryingly to be about three miners trapped down a cave who when found turn out to be two surprisingly well fed miners and no sign of the titular Timothy. Just what we need to bring in the customers-a little light ode to munching human flesh...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

At first I thought you were talking about Timothy by Four Jacks And A Jill but your description didn't match what I remembered of the song.

Then I looked on You Tube and found:

Timothy *** The Buoys
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You mentioned that an I thought of a song names Timothy by Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer about Timothy Westwood
      My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Ah yes, this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_(song)

I find it amusing that Rupert Holmes wrote that song since he's prolly better known for writing Escape, the pina colada song.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

"Timothy" is featured in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. Yeah, Dave was every bit as creeped out as you were.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            So today in the shop we had a rather meagre selection of CDs (come on,35 different renderings of Christmas carols on the oboe or something ghetto...) so we had to go with the Rock Tunes of the 70s with no sleeve on.
            One particular offering was a rather jaunty little tune which seemed to be titled Timothy. After about the fourth hearing it seemed worryingly to be about three miners trapped down a cave who when found turn out to be two surprisingly well fed miners and no sign of the titular Timothy. Just what we need to bring in the customers-a little light ode to munching human flesh...
            I remember hearing that song when it first came out. Yeah, that's some cheery little tune....
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              "Timothy" is featured in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. Yeah, Dave was every bit as creeped out as you were.
              I have that book! Love it!
              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
                I have that book! Love it!
                Yeah, it's got some good zingers in there.

"Every time I hear the Four Seasons' 'Walk Like A Man', I want to shout, 'Frankie, SING like a man!'"
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Love that book, although I actually enjoy some of the listed songs, including "Timothy".
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                  X