This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er ... that wasn't what I meant ...

My current employer allows us to hand out stickers to kids, if we wish. I have bought some small packets of them from local dollar stores. It's always gone off like clockwork except for a couple of days ago ....

Cast:
    GF - Grandfather
    GS - Grandson
    Me

Me (to GF): "Would he like a sticker?" *nodding towards small GS, who's about 2 or 3*

GF: "Oh, he'd love that!"

Me: *takes out two packets*: "Would you like monsters or lizards?"

GF takes both packets and hands them to GS. I don't think anything about it, until I hear GF say "We can open them at home."

Me:

I meant for the kid to take two stickers, not both packets! However, I couldn't think of any way to yank them out of a two (or three)-year-old's hands, and frankly didn't think it was worth it anyway. I suspect when GF gets home, and somebody notices that both packets have been opened and there's already a couple of stickers missing from each, they'll figure out what happened ...
    Last edited by Pixelated; 12-31-2019, 02:31 AM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I think someone is raising a rudesby from the planet Booron
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Good one!

I got the impression it was more a case of a communications muddle, but you might be right.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Terms borrowed from the Etiquette Hell site
        My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Pix -- 5 coppers says he complains that the sticker sheets you "gave" him were opened.

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
          I think someone is raising a rudesby from the planet Booron
          *snort*
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As long as he doesn't complain directly TO me. If he does, I shall endeavour to sweetly clarify matters to him.

"Sweetly" as in "politely sarcastic since I can't believe you're that stupid."
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Pix -- 5 coppers says he complains that the sticker sheets you "gave" him were opened.

*snort*

Of course! Never hand a customer something you don't expect them to walk away with.

Comment

Working...
              X