This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have hurt some feelings

but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    I only have fb for a couple of friends/family who are in other states/countries. Several of the people are from here. Well, I posted a picture my friends recognized even though it's not my real name and so they requested fb friendship one by one over the last couple of years and I acquiesced because I didn't want to be rude.
    The most recent was yesterday. Today we juuust about got into an argument about something. I made a snap decision to unfriend anyone who isn't on that special list. Well, it wasn't really a snap decision. I've been thinking about it for a while. In recent weeks I've had friends tell me what I should/shouldn't share and last year someone's friend flamed me for a comment on the mutual friend's post. You know, the ridiculous social media drama we've come to unfortunately expect.
    I think the only person who might even notice he's been dropped is the "new" friend if he sees my last response in his notifications and tries to respond to that and finds were not connected anymore. I just accepted the request yesterday. I feel guilty but it's not worth my sanity.
    I don't even spend a lot of time there anyway. I basically go on, read and share one person's posts, and leave. Otherwise I share tweets there. So there's no need to have 50 people seeing what I post online. If they really want to talk to me they can pick up the phone because most of us live within 10 miles of each other.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X