Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm....Unlimited snacking, not really. However, I would recommend---hard boiled eggs with a little salt, deviled eggs--watch the cholesterol, though--cheese of various kinds is a great snack, high fiber options, jerky, pepperoni/teriyaki sticks---If you have them in your area, Grocery Outlet is a fantastic place to get affordable bits of protein based snacks--little smokies, hard salami end piece packages, lots of cheeses.... Water crackers are good with the cheese, as they tend to be low carb, but don't have too many. Limited fruit, and the higher the fiber content in it, the better. Also, you can roast garbanzo beans for a crunchy snack. Get canned beans, drain and rinse them, pat them dry between paper towels (and rub the skins off and discard them,) then toss them in a bowl with a teaspoon or so of olive oil and your favorite seasoning or herbs. Lay them on tinfoil on a cookie sheet, then bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes until they're crunchy.

Comment

Vegetables are your best snacks.

Personally, I would avoid processed foods. Sugar - Salt - Fat. Pick any two. If they eliminate/reduce one, they tend to up the other two to enhance the flavor. You will get really good at reading the nutritional labels.

The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic will become your favorite cookbook.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

*hugs* Never a fun thing. Hope it goes away and you can return to your normal diet .
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*hugs* *hands over a teddybear*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

*cuddles the teddy bear* Thanks guys. My class is this Friday. Hubs bought a couple of used diabetic cookbooks for me to read through. He's talked about staying on this diabetic lifestyle after the pregnancy for both of us (He has high blood pressure so he takes medicine).

We'll see how it goes. I'm in for a long and very, VERY rocky road.

Comment

Working...
            X