This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC and bad CS

I am sick. Sick enough I went to the doctor and agreed to take antibiotics (I hate taking them and I can't really give a good reason why). My doctor sent my prescription over to the pharmacy. I didn't go to pick up my prescription until after I got the automated call that my prescription was ready, since I figured the day after Labor Day was going to be a busy day.

When I arrived, the pharmacist took a call and had to explain to some woman why her prescription wasn't ready. I don't know what she takes or why, but I do know that she yelled - a lot - and that her prescription isn't ready because Medicare requires that her doctor has to sign some paperwork and it has to be brought to the pharmacy and that there is nothing they can do about it and she had to hear this from the pharmacist, the pharmacy technician and from the pharmacist's supervisor.

Now, the reason I got to hear all of this is the bad CS - I stood in line for 15+ minutes before anyone helped me (and yes, it was really 15+ minutes, because I timed it on my phone and it was at 15 minutes and 32 seconds that someone finally came up to help me. This was after 2 people who arrived after me that were dropping of prescriptions were helped and I was seconds away from going to stand in that line just so I could get my meds and go. Then when a pharmacy tech did help me, she said that she thought I was being helped by someone else, despite her looking at me every few minutes and knowing no one was helping me, unless she has a coworker that only she can see?

Quoth justhere View Post

Then when a pharmacy tech did help me, she said that she thought I was being helped by someone else, despite her looking at me every few minutes and knowing no one was helping me, unless she has a coworker that only she can see?
    Pretty poor excuse. ALl she had to do with walk over, and ASK if you were being helped. If you were, great, if not, then she could have, since she did anyway. I hate the PA stuff. It takes so little effort to find out what's going on, yet people still won't do it.

Comment

I agree. Even if she'd just apologized for the wait and not offered the 'justification' I'd have felt better about it. Like I said, I knew it would be busy because of the timing.

Comment

My guess is that they were all listening to the call and dreading being the next one to be yelled at...not to mention that everyone needed to be on the same page and say the same thing.

You are smart to not want to take antibiotics, btw. Some people want them every time they get a cold and all that does is raise their bodies resistance to the antibiotics and doesn't help with the cold virus anyhow. This is how superbugs develop. Someone who has been taking a lot of antibiotics for no reason won't be able to use them in regular doses when they are needed and the germs build up a resistance. Zombie apolocypse anyone?

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post

You are smart to not want to take antibiotics, btw. Some people want them every time they get a cold and all that does is raise their bodies resistance to the antibiotics and doesn't help with the cold virus anyhow. This is how superbugs develop. Someone who has been taking a lot of antibiotics for no reason won't be able to use them in regular doses when they are needed and the germs build up a resistance. Zombie apolocypse anyone?
          I have to agree with this somewhat, based on experiences my daughter's had with antibiotics for a UTI. For some reason, "Heather" is prone to getting a UTI, has been on various antibiotics for this, and it's hard to find one that she has NOT been on.

Comment

Oh, my, UTIs will do it! I had recurring ones - way back in the early 70s - and they finally cultured the germs, and tested them to see what would work on it. The only thing it wasn't resistant to was Sulfa, invented in 1936!

So I learned not to drink sodas and citrus juices, and to chug the old cranberry juice. It's known as "drano" in my family.
            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
            X