Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read the sign lady. It says 12 item or less.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    Aside from hating that she's being a mean-spirited jerk, I sympathize with trying to cater to a cart full of goods at an express lane. At *big box retail* there was very little counter and bagging space, and I'd get dirty looks as if it was somehow my fault there was no space to unload a full cart of goods. Not to mention, our express lanes didn't have a belt, so it meant reaching and pulling groceries to me, trying to be faster than the customer unloading. It put a lot of strain on my back, which wasn't helpful.
    The next time the swamp gets remodeled, the plan is to remove the service desk and move it over to one of the registers. This is to enhance customer service--oops, I mean enhance corporate profits by eliminating jobs.

The "service desk" probably will not have a belt and the store probably won't be allowed to enforce an items-per-transaction limit. SO the person at that register will be straining to lift big bags of dog food or 24-packs of soda out of customers' carts, and people wanting to do a simple return or exchange will have to wait behind somebody with a heaping cart full of clearance shit, and OF COURSE they'll challenge the price on every item.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
      Or maybe if your "Express Lane" sign can be moved, shift it to the next cashier over when she comes up with a large order.
      Ooh, that's an excellent idea! Wait until you're about 20 items into scanning her order, then pass the express lane sign along to another till! If that's done every time she tries it she'll eventually get fed up! Combined with the putting back everything left on another till it'll really get the message across while not doing anything that can be considered rude and get you in trouble!
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

You have to remember, she is not only trying to annoy the cashiers, she is trying to annoy the other customers. She hovers until someone tries to walk up to the express lane, then she pounces.

What you need to do is call someone up to be ready to open a lane when you see her hover. When she does pounce, open the new lane and call the express customers over (adding the express lane sign would be good too). Then, while checking her out, set a record low scan and bagging speed. Make sure the express lane people are out the door LONG before she is.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Then, while checking her out, set a record low scan and bagging speed. Make sure the express lane people are out the door LONG before she is.
          CSquared, you are evil. I like the way you think.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            CSquared, you are evil. I like the way you think.
            So do I, used to hate people like this when I worked on a checkout

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              You have to remember, she is not only trying to annoy the cashiers, she is trying to annoy the other customers. She hovers until someone tries to walk up to the express lane, then she pounces.
              Is it too much to ask that she does this when a grandmother and grandson, who to the casual glance don't seem to be together, are in the store? Bitch forces her way in front of sweet old lady, burly biker takes offense.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The first mistake you made was expecting her to read. The second mistake you made was expecting her to be a decent human.

The mistake society made was not shooting her being such a sucky person.

Comment

Working...
                X