Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC comes in with a box claiming that said part in box was purchased at our store. Inside said box is a hub assembly that looks way older than 3 y/o. Said part would have to have been sitting in a brine tank for over a year to look this bad. It looked like original equipment and original equipment that had seen hard use. No receipt. "Can't you look it up?"

Which vehicle did it come from? She was a bit evasive at even providing the vehicle information like I should be able to tell by just looking at said part. I get vehicle information, and of course, since there are two options, she claims to have previously purchased the one with the better warranty. No record of her having purchased said part. No record of her having purchased the lesser warranted part, but of course our system is wrong.

=====

SC comes in claiming to be an employee of one of our professional accounts and wants to know price for brake parts for his 10 year old Jeep. He writes these prices down on a piece of paper. Decides not to purchase, and walks out heading east. The phone rings 5 minutes later, and it is someone asking us prices for exactly what this guy had just gotten quoted. It is obviously our competitor two doors down doing a price check. SC was trying to get our competitor's parts for the jobber price I had looked up for him. As per policy, I quoted walk-in price over the phone. I saw said SC driving off 5 minutes later presumably with no brake parts.

===

SC comes to our store and wanting all of the higher end parts for her brake job. When I ring her up, she then claims that she can get the "exact same parts" from [Competitor in nearby town] for $100 less. Said competitor is known to carry a very cheap line of parts that carry no warranty. Lo and behold, the price to said competitor's comparable parts on counter is actually more expensive and even the El Cheapo parts aren't as cheap as customer's verbal quote.

Comment

• Just because you have a GM 5.7L (350 cid) does not mean that parts from any 350 will fit your engine. Just an example, I have at least 7 oil filters on the shelf that go on a 350. Showing me a casting number tells me nothing. If you want the right parts, I need better information. I am not holding out on you. Insulting me does not make this knowledge appear in my head. Threatening to go some where else does not hurt my feelings. I wish you would go there, and take your idiotic demands with you. This is a parts store; not your GM dealership. I. Am. NOT. A. GM. Mechanic. Were I a mechanic, I wouldn't be working here for minimum wage. I would be getting $50/hr., and not having to deal with entitled jerks like you.

=====

There is no such thing as a "quick check" of your 7 y/o battery that you have discharged to 3.5V. The store closes in 30 minutes. It will take at least an hour to charge your battery, probably two, before it can even be tested. That's physics; I can't make it charge faster. You should have come in around noon. You have three options: a) leave battery here and someone might get back to you tomorrow, b) buy a new battery and leave your battery as a core (Really, it's 7 y/o, probably time to say "Good Bye!"), or c) leave with battery. Even if I wanted to, I can't stick around until your battery is tested. The lights and tills turn off 15 minutes after the store is supposed to close. This is all handled from Corporate Headquarters. IMHO, we shouldn't be open on Sunday any way.

Comment

• Dear Mr. Important, frankly I DO NOT CARE that your family has "given millions" to the city. When you get on the phone bleating about how you sent in a family member's obituary on FRiDAY and you were SHOCKED it hasn't been in the paper yet, you just sound like a twit. Does the word DEADLINES mean anything to you? And telling me that you EXPECT the obit to run just makes you seem even more like a jerk. That obit means nothing to anyone except you and your friends and family; the rest of the world has their own lives to live.

You have just solidified my belief that it's not poor people who are "entitled", it's RICH PEOPLE.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• "Black truffle" itself is not going to tell me what you want...do you want fresh, oil, salt, canned, jarred, what? You're not even in the right area of the store. When I tell you where the majority of the truffle stuff (literally everything we have) is, the next thing out of your mouth should not be "Can you check in the back?" I just gave you an answer based on what you told me...you're not happy with that and want a manager? Okay, I'm done with twenty questions anyway.
          [....]
          So you can speak...you just told J all the information I had been trying to get out of you (in the exact same way I might add) for the last two minutes The only functional difference between us is that he has a lanyard denoting 'manager' and I do not.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Totiono;1343658A
            lot of guests take it upon themselves to just open up the chains themselves or go underneath them.
            I saw something like that on the last cruise we went on. We had an early excursion, so we showed up for the "early bird breakfast", which I found out was just the cold stuff -- fruit, cereal, etc. No hot stuff like I normally got. The area with the hot food was roped off. I was disappointed, but got myself a bow of cereal.

Luckily, they were preparing the hot food, and we were able to stick around long enough to get some. But before it was open, some idiots squeezed past the rope and tried to get some of the food from that area. One of the employees politely told them it wasn't ready yet, and turned them away. Too bad they couldn't tell them, "Those ropes are there for a reason, dumbass!"
            Last edited by iradney; 03-30-2017, 06:34 AM.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• My store just has those rope barrier things between the coffee bar and rest of the store; way too easy to squeeze between or just move. Coffee bar opens at 7, store opens at 9. Do the ropes mean anything to people? Of course not. They know that the QSR counter farther in the store near the retail area has tables, so just waltz on over and spread out their laptop/etc...I witnessed the tail end of an encounter around 7:15 between one entitled jerk and a security guard that involved this exchange:
              Jerk: "You should do your job!"
              SG: "My job is not letting anyone in the store when it's closed. The store is closed."
              Jerk: "Those people [pointing to myself and A] came in!"
              SG: "They work here. You don't."
              Jerk: "I'm a customer, I want to sit here, the customer is always right!" Cue a uniformed cop seemingly appearing from thin air (I didn't even see him come in) and telling Jerk to take a hike...sadly that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should and our guards don't seem to realize that should an SC trip over a stock cart and sue the store is responsible for anything that happens in our space.

We need an actual gate there, but that's never gonna happen.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

We need an actual gate there, but that's never gonna happen.

the only time I will happen is when there is an accident and they do sue they will come up with something the bank near me has pull out glass walls

Comment

• Glass walls? You're just swapping a trip hazard for them braining themselves. I've lost count of the number of idiots I serve daily that headbutt the glass in front of my counter; it's all the more impressive because it requires them to lean forward from the waist at a considerable angle without falling flat! If they just stood up straight, the microphone system works perfectly well - why are so many people embarrassed by their non-personal needs?
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth MadMike View Post
                    ... tell them, "Those ropes are there for a reason...
                    ...to hang shark bait over the side of the ship to see how high a shark can jump. Are you volunteering?"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• If you have a question, either ASK it right away or don't. What's with lurking over my shoulder or leaning into my field of vision (that's a very good way to get hit...or worse if another of your kind does the same at my other shoulder)? I have my hands full of glass and other fragile dangerous things right now, a polite "excuse me" will work. What will NOT work: throat-clearing, anything resembling the aforementioned lurking, random noises and definitely not touching/moving my cart, box, or especially boxcutter.

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        Glass walls? You're just swapping a trip hazard for them braining themselves. I've lost count of the number of idiots I serve daily that headbutt the glass in front of my counter; it's all the more impressive because it requires them to lean forward from the waist at a considerable angle without falling flat! If they just stood up straight, the microphone system works perfectly well - why are so many people embarrassed by their non-personal needs?
                        there like walls its glass they have paint on them going across them at eye highth so u don't want into them I don't know how else to explain it they slide them out when the bank closes so you can use the atm in side.

Comment

• We have those doors at the main mall entrance (encloses everything including the coffee bar). Due to what they did with the space, I think the only gates we could have between the bar and rest of the store are the overhead variety.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Dear Mr. Important, frankly I DO NOT CARE that your family has "given millions" to the city. When you get on the phone bleating about how you sent in a family member's obituary on FRiDAY and you were SHOCKED it hasn't been in the paper yet, you just sound like a twit. Does the word DEADLINES mean anything to you?
                            Obviously not.

In my time at the weekly, I used to hear about the old days when some of the more prominent members of the community would demand something from the paper and when told it wasn't policy, would launch into the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???" lecture.

I always wanted somebody to do that to me, just so I could turn around and say, "Somebody call 911; we got some poor schmuck here who doesn't know who he (or she) is."
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Don't get all butt hurt with us when your 10 year old gets stuck in the elevator. They were jumping up and down in there I saw them. Well when you do that, you'll break the elevator and get it stuck. Supervise your younglings and this would not happen.
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                                They were jumping up and down in there I saw them. Well when you do that, you'll break the elevator and get it stuck.
                                that's great but I never knew jumping up and down in elecators was bad guess I learned something new I do tell my daughter to stop only time I use them is when im with my son who is in a wheelchair other wise I use the escalator if not one I use the stairs if im in a hurry if im not I will use the elevator if that's the other option since I have a bad back

Comment

Working...
                                X