This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For frack's sake, Corporate!!!

God, I think corporate is silly. Selling off stores to get money for new "Healthiness +" card, playing the game that ended this past February with about $6,000,000 in free prizes while hiding data that shows the company is losing money faster than a colander can sink in a pool, running donations for charity, CEO is stepping down to be replaced with some other schmuck guy who wants to "take us in a new direction of awesomeness!", register upgrades involving the getting rid of thousands of perfectly good registers because they are too old to be compatible with the shiny new fingerprint scanners of supposed win and still with the fake cheery "we're a-ok! *BEAM*" in the company newsrag. Ok. I can live with that.

However.

As I'm aware, it's only people who live/buy alcohol in Tennessee who are required to show their ID for every alcohol purchase, even the wizened 80 year old man with a walker, not so sure about tobacco. We are located in New England, therefore we are exempt from that-check license to see if they are old enough, key in any birthdate that's old enough and they are good to go, right?

WRONG!

Aid of Rite company policy is changing! Starting April 18, every person who buys alcohol or tobacco, regardless of age, will be required to swipe IDs or scan them, no more keying in birthdates. "It will increase checkout speeds!"

I can SEE all the people (and regular alcoholics) coming in to throw giant hissy fits over having to produce their IDs every time they purchase alcohol, or grenadine, or lime juice. "WHAT AN INSULT I AM OLD ENOUGH I AM 45 YOU NEVER DID THIS BEFORE OH MY GOD I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!!!!!"

See you next Tuesday. You can't resist our cheap beer prices.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Quoth ralerin View Post
    ...See you next Tuesday. You can't resist our cheap beer prices.
    I'll bet it'll be more **beep** cheer.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh yes. I used to be a grocery store cashier in the lovely state of Tennessee. (There might or might not be sarcasm in that sentence.) The liquor laws in TN are up. You definitely spend far more time arguing with them about actually showing their ID than you do manually keying in their Date of Birth.

Weird thing is, this only applies to stores that can sell low alcohol beers. Wine, liquors, and high gravity beers by law have to be sold in a separate store that in turn is not allowed to sell low alcohol beers. (I think the line is somewhere in the 6% neighborhood.) The laws for the liquor stores with all the strong stuff allow for carding to be done at the cashier's discretion, but to buy a regular 5% alcohol beer, you have to be carded every frigging time.
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

You card for grenadine and lime juice?

Comment

@Jack: Yup. It counts as an alcohol mixer, it's stored right next to the wine and stocked by the same outside company, so yes.

We card for lighters, "tobacco paraphernalia" (including rolling papers, ash trays, pipe cleaners, pipes), grenadine, lime juice, beer, wine, alcohol, and certain cough medicines.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            shiny new fingerprint scanners
            Oh man, what a FAIL that was. I thought those guys went bankrupt. Certainly Pathetica lost a lot of money being ripped off by those non-work digital disasters.

Well, best of luck to you!
            Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

oh wow.. i've purchased that and not even be carded.. yet I get carded for purchasing Fallout

Comment

Working...
              X