This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a hard time feeling sorry for these reps

They have a horrible policy that they've been told to follow, but I'm not sure they understand what the problem is themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2isSJKntbg

For those of you who can't easily watch videos: it's audio of a conversation between someone who was overcharged (based on the rate which he was quoted, and which the reps confirmed) for data usage. He was quoted 0.002 cents, this was confirmed by both of the reps he talked to. He was charged at 0.002 dollars. Both of the reps tried to tell him that a) yes 0.002 cents was correct and b) the charge was 0.002 dollars * his usage.

If the company actually forces them to pretend that they think those numbers are the same, and that he's out of line for not wanting to get charged 100x what he was quoted, I feel very sorry for the reps. At the very least "I'm sorry sir, the rate is 0.002 dollars" would be less painful!

0.002 dollars per kb is utterly insane! That means that to read this post you would probably pay about 1 cent. Its just text and a bit of formatting, but 1kb goes very fast. There is no way in hell that I would pay such an astronomical data rate. Each mb of data would be $2.

0.002 cents per kb is a bit more reasonable. That comes out to about 2 cents per mb, which is still high but at least makes logical sense.

If the guy is being ripped off by being charged one hundred times what he owes he has every right to be upset. I have absolutely no sympathy for the reps in this case.

0.002 dollars = 0.2 cents
    0.002 cents = 0.00002 dollars

That is the difference between 2 dollars per mb and 2 cents per mb.

Comment

Working...
    X