X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 things you did not know about the Excorist

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/10/06..._lnk3%7C176247
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

sooo...

You can tell it's a good movie when the cast is freaked out and scared.
    .________.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Lol, I first watched that movie on pirate video, as a teen. XD It used to be banned in the UK. I've also read the book; I'd recommend doing so if you're a fan of the movie. I thought the sequels were crappy, tho, personally.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Lol, I first watched that movie on pirate video, as a teen. XD It used to be banned in the UK. I've also read the book; I'd recommend doing so if you're a fan of the movie. I thought the sequels were crappy, tho, personally.
        Yeah, the article mentioned that you couldn't get it in the UK until 1999.
        I find the lines of what's acceptable and not acceptable between the US and the UK (as between dominant cultures in each, that is) fascinating.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

A Clockwork Orange was also banned; I didn't like that movie, tho. Not nearly as much as The Exorcist. XD In any case, banning the movie didn't stop people watching it.

Even today, I think that the movie still stands up as a classic. I love scary movies with a huge storyline behind them, and not just chucking blood and guts around to hide massive plotholes that an elephant could fall thru.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've seen some bits and pieces of the original exorcist...couldn't stand to watch anymore. Too effin' scary for me.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I actually saw the movie in the theater back in the mid 70's ( at 15 I think) . It did not give me nightmares but eveyone else I talked to did have them. heck when the extended version appeared on DVD a couple of years ago I bought that.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I caught a clip of someone talking about it on tv and they showed the little girl siting happily and drinking from a big Styrofoam cup and waving to the camera. I have a feeling that was near the start of the production. But geeze talk about going to extreme lengths.

Comment

Please tell me I am not the only one who thought that movie was completely LAME?

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                    Please tell me I am not the only one who thought that movie was completely LAME?
                    My theory is that that particular movie is VERY frightening if conditions in your own life are right.By whIch I mean -

Did movie goers in the 70s have the number of horror films we see now by which a lot seem tame?
                    Do the people who become scared have any thoughts about death what comes beyond it do demons exist?
                    Are you watching it by yourself in the dark?
                    How old or impressionable are the viewers?

A horror film I remembered really scaring me as a child watching it by myself in the dark back of my parenst house on a tv set recently I saw a clip of it on youtube I watched it in the middle of the day and it was so silly it made me laugh.
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Working...
                    X