X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons attract SCs

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/07...f-cheapskates/

Rice University studied businesses who put up deals on Groupon. 42% of businesses surveyed said they wouldn't do another Groupon promotion. One of the main complaints were that the promotions attracted too many "cheapskates" and "deal-seekers" who kept trying to get more discounts than the deal offered. Doesn't sound familiar at all. </sarcasm>
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Oh that reminds me of this morning. After I finished my bike ride, i hit up the grocery just a bit after it opened. Apparently they were having a sale; 1 day only, 50% off all frozen seafood.

There was a crowd of seniors, damn near crawling inside the freezer, picking through all the seafood.

O_O
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

The thing I find most irritating about the article was the attitude that the customers only appeared sucky to the owners because the businesses weren't prepared to handle the increase in customer traffic. Like coupons were a new-fangled advertising gimmick for those businesses or something.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
      X