This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Harrison

He left us ten years ago today. That long? Oh, George, I still miss you. You should be with us now.

here's a nice tribute by ringo starr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PjnOdHq-T8

Comment

*hugs* for everyone who misses him.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Is it weird that I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news? My father had just picked me up from high school, we were going to go to the store, and it was on the radio. I can't believe it's been ten years...wow. I miss him.

Comment

I was reading my email, and a penpal wrote that he couldn't believe the news about George Harrison's death. I refused to believe it, so I searched for headlines - and sure enough, he was gone. My mom, the next time we talked, asked me how I was doing.

Now she's gone, too. In less than ten years.

Comment

I remember when... if you managed to eavesdrop on a cluster of girls, like as not they were divvying up the charms of the Fab Four.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I remember Ringo Starr being interviewed on the Bob & Tom show. They were really interested in his answer to one of their standard questions: "Who is the most famous person you've met?" I mean, you're talking about one of The Beatles here! People who could legitimately be the most famous famous people in their own lives.

The interview began. The question asked.

Without a beat, Ringo answered, "George Harrison. I still have to schedule an appointment with George's secretary if I want to take him out to lunch!"
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

In the mid-1990s when the Anthology series was coming out on CD and TV, my real obsession with The Beatles started. I'd known and loved some of the songs and albums (Abbey Road was an early favorite) for ages, of course, and I remembered many of the 70s and 80s singles by all of the "boys" on their own very well. I really enjoyed George's work on the Cloud Nine album and with the Traveling Wilburys in the late 80s, as well. I knew that he had cancer - I think he had already had it once by the time the Anthology stuff was being done - so I wasn't entirely surprised when I heard he'd died, but I was very saddened. He was only 58 years old and he was a wonderful person from all I've heard and seen.

Rest in peace George...you're still Fab in my book.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is still one of the most beautiful, most haunting, and most original songs EVER. And will always be, as it should be, part of George's legacy as a Beatle.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

He was underrated, in my opinion. I think he belongs up there with the top-ranked guitarists.

And today is December 8 - the anniversary of John Lennon's death. After George died, my mom sent me a cartoon, with no caption, showing a Beatles-era John Lennon and George Harrison walking along.

Comment

Working...
                    X