This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very strange "do you work here."

So Hubby and I are still in hotels until we find a place (same brand for which I work, so employee rate...woot). Anyway, here's the scene: I'm in a T-shirt I frequently sleep in (it's for a pet store somewhere in Arizona...was a gift from the MIL), my sweatpants that look like jeans, and my ratty tennis shoes. As I have been unloading our (borrowed) car my hair is messy (windy day) and I am headed outside with my dog.

I get asked "are you here for the training" (which, as far as I know, meant a brand-specific training). Remember I look like I just got up from a nap, and I'm walking my dog. At least the guy was nice when I said "no, but I actually do work at <other property>. I must have a Hotel Aura." We laughed about it and I proceeded to take my dog out to do his business.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

All shops here have their dresscodes. Still I was suprised by been asked if I was a worker at one. Running late in jeans and black t-shirt, phone in one hand and two spray bottles of rust protection in other (had to call and ask if them were the right ones) and an older lady stops me passing houseware and asks if I work there. I escaped with short " sorry no, I don't work here". People working there have bright red vests with a logo of shop.

Had I not been busy I might have helped her anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X