This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate "We are closed!" story

As with every thread I've posted in the past two years, I've always promised to post more. The problem is that I simply don't have time to sit down and type up threads like I used to! So it looks as though for the time being my posts are going to be limited to Extreme SC Stories.

You guys are going to think I am making this one up, but I promise this is 100 true.

Christmas Day. The pub is closed. Everyone is enjoying a well earned day off at home with their friends, loved ones and families. Boss is at home enjoying a glass of wine when her phone goes. It is the security company that monitors our alarm.

Security: Hi there Boss. It looks as though the alarm has been triggered at the pub and we wanted to make you aware. We have also taken the liberty of calling a police officer to meet you outside the premises so you don't have to be alone.
    Boss: Oh my God. OK. I will be there right away!

Boss is understandably concerned. It is the only day of the year the pub is closed and suddenly the intruder alarm is going off. She arrived at the pub just as the police officer arrived and unlocked the door.

Boss steps inside and is greeted with a family of four: Mother, father and two young boys. They are standing at the end of the bar looking very confused.

SC: Oh hi there! Are you open today??

Boss was literally speechless. She couldn't get a word out and stood there stuttering.

Boss: How...how...HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE??
    SC: Well we tried the front and back door and couldn't see anyone and they weren't working, so I used my umbrella to open that door at the side!

Still speechless, Boss went to look at the side door, and sure enough it was open.

Boss: I can't...I can't even...what on Earth made you think we were open? Weren't the locked doors and lack of lights or PEOPLE a giveaway!
    SC: You don't have to be rude. It's Christmas!
    Boss: Just get out!
    SC: Come on kids. Looks like you won't be getting ice cream after all.

The police officer took the family outside and gave them a stern lecture on breaking and entering (Boss saw no need on taking it further) but the mother and father were completely and utterly confused as to why she was mad at them!

Boss reviewed the security camera footage. The footage shows the family trying the front door several times, followed by all four of them pressing their faces against the window for several minutes. They then walk around the building and pull on the back door several times before getting to the fire exit at the side. This is when the father uses the spike from his umbrella to wedge it into a gap which popped it open. The footage of them in the building is them simply walking up and down, searching for a member of staff while the alarms screeched around them.

Again guys, this is 100% true.

I believe every word. Your boss needs to thank her lucky stars that the SCs didn't manage to injure themselves while breaking and entering. The lawsuit would take forever to be dismissed.

Comment

I can fully believe that happened cuz where I work, we check the CCTV from Christmas Day and see loads of idiots driving into the petrol station to pull futilely at the pumps and go peering into the windows.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I believe it..... sadly.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I absolutely believe it. Where SCs are concerned, nothing is impossible...except reason and taking responsibility.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I kind of wish charges had been pressed. I would have REALLY wanted to hear their explanations in a legal environment...

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
              I kind of wish charges had been pressed.
              You're not the only one. I would have pressed charges...just to make them squirm. I mean, who forces their way into an obviously closed establishment, and then waits for service?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Shouldn't the fact that the alarm was going off been a HUGE clue for these morons? Yes, I should know better than to ask but feel I must...

I agree, charges should have been pressed. And I hope they are going to be assessed for all damages plus costs...

Comment

At the very least I hope they were banned.
                  Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I've never been to a British pub, but I wouldn't think it an ideal place to go for ice cream.

And yes, I believe this story completely, having experienced people entering the swamp long past closing (but at least they didn't have to bust the door open; the closing manager didn't make sure it was locked.)
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'd be interesting to press charges, if nothing else as an experiment to see if they would ever grasp the fact that they broke into a pub. Or if they did understand that they broke in, if they would understand why that was a bad thing, and why everyone was mad at them. I bet they wouldn't, and are they type of people who think that if it's not a problem for THEM, that it's not a problem, and what's the big deal?
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'd say it was a serious mistake NOT to charge these morons. I'm sure they will never understand the concept of "WE'RE CLOSED TODAY" otherwise. It might help if they have to explain their idiocy to a judge, and take the consequences.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

First off...yay, new CRML post!

Secondly...Jesus, what was WITH these idiots?! I mean, I can sort of understand entering a dark, empty building and wondering where all the employees are (provided the doors were mistakenly unlocked, I don't think that would count as criminal trespass), but to continue to just stand there after FORCING OPEN a door while an ALARM IS BLARING for minutes on end? And with their CHILDREN present?! That's a special brand of idiocy, right there.

BTW, if the side door can be opened by a moron with nothing more than an umbrella, it's time to change the locks.
                          Last edited by Monterey Jack; 01-03-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Good freaking LORD!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              ...are they type of people who think that if it's not a problem for THEM, that it's not a problem, and what's the big deal?
                              Not understanding that breaking and entering = illegal and bad idea, that's a Speshul Kind Of Stoopid. I think they were faking stupidity so as not to get in trouble. Either way, a nice cozy room at the Gray Bar Hotel should correct that mindset.
                              Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              BTW, if the side door can be opened by a moron with nothing more than an umbrella, it's time to change the locks.
                              Definitely, yes. Might have to replace the door frame too, depending on how much damage was done.

I agree that the manager should've pressed charges. These fools should at least have to pay to fix the door.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X