Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An open letter to my guests (and a bit CoC stuff too, long and ranty sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Minflick View Post
    I got FMLA leave when my DH died. There was nothing I could do for him once he was dead, but cleaning up the mess his death left sure took a lot of attention and time out of me. I didn't take as much as I needed because I needed to get back to work, but I surely needed the time I took.
    That is the same situation I found myself in after GF passed 11 months ago (see thread in Off Topic) BUT I could only take one vacation day. I could not use FMLA because we were not married (stupid rules/laws/spend down requirements). I wish I could have taken more time but being hourly did not help

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
    I worked with someone who took two weeks off when her cat died.
    OK I understand the loss of a pet BUT 2 WEEKS?? GF passed away at the beginning of April and 6 weeks later I had to euthanize my 13 year old dog (again see Off Topic post).

NOT exactly a fun time period for me to be sure YEAH I would have liked to have had more time to morn both but life keeps on going not an ideal way to operate but I had no choice
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I got some lip from this person about it "always being something" with me. I had a tooth pulled last week, missed a single day, was working through pain before and after. Also I'm not the one who is always running to the back room to watch random videos on her phone. I have my troubles with concentration at work, and I'm working on them, but at least I'm TRYING to pay attention to my job.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X