This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You said no, so that makes you disrespectful

Yesterday was International Women's Day.
    I look after our store's Facebook page, so I put together a video recognizing the women who work at our store.
    (Was very last minute because I have been so swamped with work, but I didn't want to let it go by without doing something, because I had been planning it in my head for a while and just hadn't been able to get time to work on it.)
    Anyway, I finally managed to get it all together, even though I wasn't completely happy with the result.
    I posted it, and shortly after, I got a notice that there was a comment on it.
    The customer managed to crap all over my hard work by posting about her bad experience and pretty much saying we don't respect our female customers.
    It's such crap because she has posted that, but anyone reading will not know the whole story.

She wanted us to price match a store that's about 45 minutes away.
    (They wear orange aprons and are a US owned company, while we are 100% Canadian owned and operated.)
    No problem, we price match all the time.
    She was asked for her quote.
    She didn't have one.
    She was told we needed to have a written quote from another store in order to price match.
    She left and went to that store and got a written quote.
    It clearly said at the bottom, "Customer to pick up."
    That means it was a "Cash & Carry' quote with no delivery.
    The manager asked her what she was driving, and then explained that what she was buying was not going to fit in her vehicle.
    She said, "I know. I want it delivered."
    So, the manager explained that we could not price match a cash and carry order and still deliver it for free.
    He said, "I can price match and have you pick it up, or I can add on what that store charges for delivery."
    Apparently, that amounts to being disrespectful and rude, and goes against the spirit of International Women's Day.
    Her whole comment implied that the video I posted is hypocritical.

So now, the comment is there, and I was told the manager involved is going to comment on it to explain our side, so I have to wait until he does.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Do you not have the ability to delete posts on the FB page?
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
      Not ratings on business pages, far as I know. Because if it's possible I have a negative one on ours which is complete bullshit as well that I'd like to get rid of.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Not ratings on business pages, far as I know. Because if it's possible I have a negative one on ours which is complete bullshit as well that I'd like to get rid of.
        Thank you. I am unfamiliar with how business pages operate.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

I regularly get customer's complaining that our low price guarantee is a fraud since we won't price match "Gravel" Auto, "River in South America," or "Electronic Harbor:" all internet/mail order companies. Never mind the shipping costs or that you want it NOW. We'll price match brick and mortar stores with documentation, even "Mall of Walls," but we draw the line at internet companies.

Comment

Nothing like using a social issue to whine about your own disappointment in not being recognized as a Speshul Snowflake.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
              We have been told that it's always best to leave a negative comment up rather than delete, because it makes us look bad to remove it.
              It could actually backfire if the person was mad enough. They could give us a bad name by telling everybody that we don't allow customers to tell the truth about us (or their version of the truth, anyway)
              We responded to her comment today and clarified what happened from our end of things, so I hope it just goes away now.

Comment

Oh, good grief. It had NOTHING to do with her being female. I have no idea what something costs elsewhere. If I find something and the price is fine, I buy it. I simply don't have time to shop around. I will make a separate trip to another store if I know something is cheaper and I can fit that into my schedule, but I'm not going to the trouble of price matching. I just....don't care.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  She wanted us to price match a store that's about 45 minutes away.
                  (They wear orange aprons and are a US owned company, while we are 100% Canadian owned and operated.)
                  If you take the name of the woman from whom the Beach Boys requested assistance, and remove the initials of the competitor's chain, does it leave the name of your store?

Quoth Ree View Post
                  She was told we needed to have a written quote from another store in order to price match.
                  She left and went to that store and got a written quote.
                  It clearly said at the bottom, "Customer to pick up."
                  That means it was a "Cash & Carry' quote with no delivery.
                  The manager asked her what she was driving, and then explained that what she was buying was not going to fit in her vehicle.
                  She said, "I know. I want it delivered."
                  Does she call Dice Pizza to get an extra-large "everything" pizza for delivery, and expect to pay the $7.99 special price (2 topping medium carryout)? Also, since you match competitor's prices (for a while, orange apron would beat a lower competitor's price by 10% - I'd get honing oil at OA, bringing in the Lee Valley Tools catalogue showing a lower price) rather than beating the price, why would she bother coming to your store for a match when she already had a competitor's quote?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    why would she bother coming to your store for a match when she already had a competitor's quote?
                    She said it was because she wanted to spend her money locally with a Canadian owned company.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    If you take the name of the woman from whom the Beach Boys requested assistance, and remove the initials of the competitor's chain, does it leave the name of your store?
                    No.
                    And FYI, that company isn't 100% Canadian owned now either. They were bought by an American chain.
                    Last edited by Ree; 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X