This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's false accusation of theft to cover stupidity

This is a complicated matter, but I shall explain it as best as I can, in the medium of script.

Cast.

Purse Woman (PW): The Villain.

Lace: Female Lead.
    Sasha: Supporting Role.
    Tony (the security guard): Male Lead.
    Teenage Boy (TB): The Hero.

~~~

First Act.

The stage is set on a normal English winter day. It is overcast, and somewhat windy. Lace and Sasha are working in the petrol station when TB enters and approaches Lace.

TB: Um, I found this purse in the road, with the cards all scattered round it. So I collected them and put them back; one's broken, tho.

Lace examines the purse. There is a very obvious tire mark, showing that a car has gone over it, the likely cause of the broken card.

Lace: Thank you very much. I'll put it someplace safe for when the customer who lost it comes to collect it.

{Exit TB}

Second Act.

PW has, in the meantime, called up the petrol station and stated that she lost her purse there. Sasha takes the call, confirms that the purse found by TB is the purse that PW lost, and PW arranges to come straight away and collect it. When PW arrives, Lace checks her ID and gives her back the purse.

PW: What? Where's the money?
    Lace: What money?

Lace is puzzled by PW's claims as the purse had no cash inside it when TB handed it in.

PW: I had £30 in five pound notes in my purse. Your colleague said on the phone that my purse was handed in by a teenage boy; he must have taken it!

Lace does not think this is the case, as the teenage boy surely wouldn't have come into the petrol station and handed in the purse if he had stolen the money out of it, but to pacify PW, who is shrieking with rage and demanding compensation, calls over Tony. When Tony arrives, Lace and Tony go out back and check the cameras.

Now, this is where the real story emerges. PW was lying when she said that she'd left her purse on the pump. In actual fact, she used the pay at the pump facility and left her purse on top of her car. She drove out of the petrol station at speed, and the purse flew off the car and hit the road, exploding open at the moment of impact. Remember that I said earlier that it was a windy day? Well, on the camera very clearly could be seen the fivers blasting down the road at the speed of light. Obviously, there were some very happy passersbys that day, and PW doesn't have a leg to stand on as the loss of her cash was entirely her fault.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Oh, you gotta love video. In fact, I would nominate one more character:

CAMERA: Electronic hero.

Comment

Absolutely! I have to wonder if she knew exactly what had happened and just thought she could squeeze money out of somebody, or if she honestly thought she'd left the purse behind and some kid had ripped off the money ... and then turned the purse in. Yeah, 'cause that makes SO much sense!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Who stole your money? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

And let me guess - she was completely ungrateful for the fact that everything else WAS turned in! And despite the camera still insisted the money was stolen!

Losing all your identity is a HUGE hassle, cancelling and replacing everything takes time and you're unable to go about life as usual. She should have been happy TB was honest and did the right thing. If he ever finds out how this went I'll bet he won't be in a hurry to do it again...

Comment

She left, swearing to never return... yeah, right. SCs always say that but they never stick to it.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Uggh, I hate when people do this. Instead of being grateful to the good samaritan who took the trouble to return their stuff, they accuse the samaritan of stealing. No wonder people are so reluctant to help each other anymore, who needs that kind of hassle.

Comment

little_miss_springfield has hit the nail on the head. It's getting to the point where a prospective good Samaritan is afraid of being accused of stealing or worse. It's just easier and safer to either keep the item or just ignore it.

A sad day for civilization to be sure...

It's the same with lost/hurt kids. In earlier times I would have no hesitation in talking with them and finding them help. Now I won't go anywhere near them but just try to find either an officer or a manger who can help. I won't even try talking to the kid for fear of being accused of something...
                Last edited by eltf177; 03-18-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Its nothing new. In "Farmer Boy", by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Almanzo finds a wallet with over $1000 in it. Father Wilder knows who it belongs to and tells Almanzo to take it to him. The nasty man snatches the wallet and counts the money. He says, "Well this durn boy didn't steal anything at least." He gives Almanzo 5 cents as a reward. Almanzo gives it back and says, "No thank you, I don't have change for it."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Who stole your money? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.....
                    Dammit, dammit, dammit ... I wish I'd thought of that!
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                      Its nothing new. In "Farmer Boy", by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Almanzo finds a wallet with over $1000 in it. Father Wilder knows who it belongs to and tells Almanzo to take it to him. The nasty man snatches the wallet and counts the money. He says, "Well this durn boy didn't steal anything at least." He gives Almanzo 5 cents as a reward. Almanzo gives it back and says, "No thank you, I don't have change for it."
                      Then the pissed off shopkeeper yelled at the nasty man and made him give Almanzo $200.

Comment

More important

I have lot my wallet a number of times and once had it stolen. Or but once I got my wallet back. The one time I did not I had dropped in the snow and the local snow plow/blower had turned into scrap (I found some of the pieces after a warm spell)

Sometimes I got my money, sometimes I did not and when it was stolen I lost over $500 US and Canadian dollars.

Yet losing all that money was nothing to the one time I lost all my IDs and other plastic.

When I lost $500, I made it back in a week from work. When I lost my ID it took over three months to get it all back and visits to tons of different offices.

This woman, needed to lose cards and see what it was like trying get back her DL, SS, OHIP, Debt (4 Banks), VISA, Mastercard, Library(3 Regions), YWCA, Discount cards(3 businesses), Membership Cards(2) and I forget what else.

She should be grateful she got all her cards back.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          She should beextremely grateful she got all her cards back.
                          Fixed that for you. But of course the self-centered female dog wasn't appreciative at all. Hope karma comes back to show her what could have happened...

Comment

Leave it on the car once, leave it on the car again....

Comment

I stepped out my front door one day and saw a car drive by with a large purse on the roof. I yelled. To my surprise the guy stopped. His passenger was very appreciative that I had stopped them.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X