This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitch's repo-madness tales

As I've mentioned before, our company not only does parking enforcement and roadside service for motor clubs but also does repossession work for banks. Since you have to be licensed to repo things (the cops frown on freelance repomen, they correctly consider such activity as theft) we only have one real repo guy, Twich.

Repo work has it's own set of shenanigans, and Twitch usualy comes back with a few stories of his own when he leaves town for a night. For example.

Twitch pulls up to a trailer with an order to repossess a 4 wheeler ATV. This isn’t unusual, as some of the more well-appointed versions of motorcycles, dirt bikes and ATVs can cost almost as much as a low-end automobile. Technically, if your bank loaned you money for it, and you don’t pay, it can get repossessed by us no matter what it is. We’ve repoed cars, trucks, semis, RVs, boats on trailers, Harley-Davidsons, tractors, livestock trailers, log skidders, golf carts, but I think the ultimate low was when we repoed that riding lawnmower. Seeing THAT go down the highway on the back of a tow truck was quite a sight, but I’m getting off topic. Point is, Twich was there for this guy’s ATV

Mr. Deadbeat must’ve known someone was coming for it because he took the wheels off and left the thing sitting high and dry on bricks in the front yard. As soon as Twich pulls into the driveway, Deadbeat steps out onto the porch and yells

“Ha ha haaa! Loser! Can’t take it now can you!?” with a shit-eating grin and slams the door.

This makes Twitch angry, very very angry, and you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

Twitch proceeds to grab the handlebars and on a pure adrenaline high, picks up the several-hundred-pound ATV and heaves it onto the back of the tow truck.

As he’s backing out of the driveway, Mr. Deadbeat sticks his head out the window. Having heard the tow truck’s motor rev up, he assumed Twich was leaving in defeat, and was probably looking to bust Twitch’s chops some more, only to see Twitch now pulling out of his neighborhood with his aforementioned ATV now strapped to the back of the truck.

“Ha ha haaaa! Loser!” yells Twitch as he takes off.

PA is a “Breach of Peace” state. What this means is, a repossession agent may not cause a public disturbance in the process of his or her work. What that boils down to is, if you get caught repossessing something, and owner tells you “put it down and leave” you have to put it down and leave. Failure to immediately comply is considered a breach of peace and you can kiss you license goodbye and possibly face criminal/civil charges. You can’t argue, you can’t threaten, you can’t pretend you didn’t hear him. You have to put the car/truck/whatever down and leave. Now, if you DO get it loaded, as soon as you leave the driveway. It’s considered to be in your possession, so then there’s nothing the owner can do but call the bank. But that crucial 4 to 5 minutes of load time is where they can really screw you over if they catch you.

Thus was the case with a particularly odd repo Twitch did a few years back. Twitch knew the guy’s address, and tried several times to get the car directly from the driveway, but the deadbeat owner would always come out and catch him before he could finish no matter what hour of the day he tried to grab it. And this guy was an unrepentant deadbeat too, hadn’t made a single payment, knew Twitch was coming for it and was purposely waiting for him to get 99% of the way loaded before yanking his chain, just to be a bigger canker sore on society than he already was.

After 4 unsuccessful tries, Twitch figures he’s never going to get this guy at home, and instead waits at the exit from his neighborhood one morning, hoping to follow the guy to his work, or a bar, or someplace where he can make an attempt at loading it and not get noticed.

On the appointed morning, the guy leaves his neighborhood, but just as Twich is about to pull out of his hiding spot, the guy pulls into a nearby gas station to fill up. Then he goes inside to pay. Twitch figures there’s no point in trying to snag it now, those big bay windows won’t hide his truck pulling in. But something else catches his eye.

In the cold winter climate, he can see that the car is still running from the white vapor plume of exhaust.

Which means it’s running….

Running, with no one in it…

Meaning, the keys are in it….

Some of the more astute in the audience can probably guess what happened next. And it wasn’t chasing squirrels up trees…

Twich later asked the gas station manager if he could have a copy of the CCTV footage of him hopping into the car and driving off, complete with the owner coming out about 20 seconds later and having a meltdown. Sadly, they said “no”.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Twitch proceeds to grab the handlebars and on a pure adrenaline high, picks up the several-hundred-pound ATV and heaves it onto the back of the tow truck.

As he’s backing out of the driveway, Mr. Deadbeat sticks his head out the window. Having heard the tow truck’s motor rev up, he assumed Twich was leaving in defeat, and was probably looking to bust Twitch’s chops some more, only to see Twitch now pulling out of his neighborhood with his aforementioned ATV now strapped to the back of the truck.

“Ha ha haaaa! Loser!” yells Twitch as he takes off.
    Twitch is my new hero!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Sign me up for the Twitch fan club! He is totally made of awesome!!!
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Ok, that's full of win
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I saw one repo special years ago before they had all these weird series. It was second time they came for car and it was still blocked so they wouldn't be able to get the tow truck on it. They knocked on the door to see if the owner would cooperate and just give them the keys, lol he did and a warning it didn't start and helped the repo guy jump it.

He knew he screwed up, but from what I see he was a minority compared to other people who have no clue like, twitches friend who took the wheels off. Now I could even go as so far as to see why truckers who need the rig to do the work to try and make payments will flip out, but I'm guessing since he took the wheels off his lively hood didn't depend on it and he was just a deadbeat.
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Beautiful!
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Way to go twitch
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Nice work Twitch. Silly guy....you should've hidden it out at a mate's place
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Twitch gets the Becks Seal of Approval™.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Repo guys can be real stealthy.

I had a roommate once, who came into the house asking what happened to his car?

I got up and went out to look and sure enough, the car was gone I'd never heard the engine start. We called the cops, who told us the car'd been repo'd.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                      Repo guys can be real stealthy.

I had a roommate once, who came into the house asking what happened to his car?

I got up and went out to look and sure enough, the car was gone I'd never heard the engine start. We called the cops, who told us the car'd been repo'd.
                      Had that happen to me not long after i got to Phoenix, was working night shift, got up around noon, and the car was gone.

I liked the cool one that collected my partner's Amigo, he called us first, and was kind enough to bring it back to us so we could clean it up, since he was just down the street (tried to call the bank to arrange a way to keep it, but they only worked banker's hours, and it was the weekend).
                      Seph
                      Taur10
                      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I used to work with a repo guy at one point, and I've also seen several repos from my apartment complex.

Those guys are damn quick, and damn good at what they do. I figure an apartment complex repo is easier than one at a house, since there's a handful of parking lots serving 250+ apartments, and only a handful of those units overlook the parking lots. I always know that when I hear a diesel engine idling outside at night that I should go outside and watch, since a repo is happening.

I've seen the same repo guy circling my complex for several months now though, I guess he hasn't been able to find the car... or has several contracts. He drives a pretty boring looking F-250, if you look at just the right angle he has "Recovery"-something or other on the side, but the letters are the same color as the truck.

Comment

I hate that diesel rumble ... I live out in the country, and apparently one of our neighbors is being repossessed because there has been a repo guy lurking in various driveways around here.

I have issues with noises like that at night [we have had occasions of a smash and grab burglar working in the general area off and on for the past decade, they just cant seem to catch the perps] and it trips a real anxiety attack in me. It makes me want to go out and scream at them to just go the f*ck away

Can one call the cops and make them stop lurking in the neighborhood like that? It is horrid, they will sit in the area and rumble for freaking HOURS ... day after day [this time it has been 9 days, I have insomnia issues and I am getting almost no sleep at night now]
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

In most states, commercial vehicles are under anti-idling laws, sometimes waived if it's bitterly cold.

Or call the cops and say there's a suspicious vehicle that's been idling outside for awhile.

Comment

The idling laws are only enforcable on vehicles in excess of 5 tons weight. The tow truck is under the limit.
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X