Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first customer complaint today..

And you wouldn't believe how stupid it was.

Last week I had a customer over the phone who had a bunny that was growing a tumor on its face. She wanted to know what to do about it.

I told her that I'm not a veterinarian and not qualified to make a diagnosis or recommend any course of action, and that she should get medical care for her rabbit. And per store policy, I also let her know that if she bought the rabbit less than 14 days ago, she can return it and get it refunded or replaced. She thanked me and hung up.. no big deal, right?

Apparently not. She called back and asked to speak to a manager, and let my boss know that I wasn't helpful enough.

.. If you call a pet store because your animal has a TUMOR, what do you expect to hear? What did I do wrong?

First time I've received a complaint in 2 years and I'm pretty angry because I didn't do anything to deserve it.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

It was just a complaint by an idiot. I mean, did you get in trouble? Any write ups? Did boss just shake his finger with a smile and tell you that you must get your medical degree now?

I mean, sadily I'll have to do that soon. Even if I know more then the doctor on something, I cannot say anything other then let me get the pharmacist.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      It was just a complaint by an idiot. I mean, did you get in trouble? Any write ups? Did boss just shake his finger with a smile and tell you that you must get your medical degree now?
      I agree with PM here. I rack up one every other week from scammers who hear accurate answers that aren't to their liking. We all get a big laugh at some of the moronic queries. Check the PFB section...a recurring theme is 'No=Rude'.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Hehe, yes, you will get complaints.

I get a BBB complaint every other week!

Some people just do not like being told no. My job is to tell them no.

Comment

When I used to work in the pet dept I'd get similar questions from customers whose pet obviously needed to see a vet and not be diagnosed by a minimum wage retail slave.

I remember one woman had a young kitten with fleas. The only flea treatments we had in stock that day were for adult dogs. She asked me if she could use just half of one of the tubes on her kitten and I told her no, it could kill the kitten. (The packaging itself had this same warning.)

Well, she did it anyway and the kitten died. She then called the store director and blamed me for it. My manager (who hated me with a passion) accused me of giving that woman bad advice. Luckily, a co-worker had witnessed my advice to the woman and backed me up.
          Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

In retrospect, yeah, you're right, it wasn't a big deal. I didn't get written up, my boss just confronted me and suggested that I needed to be more warm and helpful to people with stupid questions. I was angry because every night I get confronted about something lately, and nine times in ten, what I'm being confronted about is something I have no control over.

The joys of retail. <3

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
              Well, she did it anyway and the kitten died. She then called the store director and blamed me for it. My manager (who hated me with a passion) accused me of giving that woman bad advice. Luckily, a co-worker had witnessed my advice to the woman and backed me up.
              ... Wow. Thanks. You got me to cry. Poor kitty. All it wanted was love.

That bitch. GAH!
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
              X