This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that must of been some break-up

Well unfortunately I wasn't working this day but on Wednesday the library I work at had to be evacuated, the reason? a teenager who had just got dumped decided to from the 4th floor climb onto the back wall scaffolding and threatened to jump. The police, EMS, fire department, mobile crisis all came in and the library had to be evacuated of all other patron so that people wouldn't stare at him and possibly spook him. Lucky the police talked him down and he was taken to the hospital but definitely an interesting day my Supervisor even got into trouble a bit because he got sarcastic with one of the higher up's of the library telling them that 4 years ago he warned them this would happen but no one believed him and told him he was over exaggerating, I guess they were wrong

Not really the breakup-it's that the teenage brain isn't quite as rational as an adult's yet. Therefore, it could've been a nice breakup, but that teen still would've threatened to commit suicide because he, quite literally, hasn't though the consequences of his actions (death, messy cleanup) and that it could've been his first, real, breakup.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Anyone with a mental illness is in that situation -- the brain is not processing thoughts logically. The ultimate in illogic is wanting to die, because we evolved traits that keep us wanting to stay alive.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
        ...The ultimate in illogic is wanting to die, because we evolved traits that keep us wanting to stay alive.
        I can tell from your reply that you are neither Jewish nor from New Jersey. :-)
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          Not really the breakup-it's that the teenage brain isn't quite as rational as an adult's yet.
          ....we're rational? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          I can tell from your reply that you are neither Jewish nor from New Jersey. :-)
          One of these days I'm gonna find out what's so bad about Joisey....aside from the fact it's north of the Mason-Dixen line, of course.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            ....we're rational? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!
            He said "as rational." The number 1 isn't "as high" as the number 2, but that doesn't make the number 2 high at all, except in relation.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              One of these days I'm gonna find out what's so bad about Joisey....
              Let's see...the drivers are insane. It's dirty. The 80s are still hanging on with a death grip. Quiet voices can't be found. The men are perverts. People think they're Yankees fans.

I think I'm forgetting a few things.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                Let's see...the drivers are insane. It's dirty. The 80s are still hanging on with a death grip. Quiet voices can't be found. The men are perverts. People think they're Yankees fans.

I think I'm forgetting a few things.
                It's freakishly flat in some areas. Like Kansas flat. Can see for miles standing still.

And to me, that's wrong. I like hills.

The closer you get to NYC the dirtier it is.

The Yankee fans become Philly Fans if a Philly team is doing better than a NY team.

You are legally not allowed to pump your own gas.

The taxes are either #1 or #2 in the country (though Maryland, My Maryland is up there too).

The cast of Jersey Shore.

Comment

Working...
                X