Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Dates in the fridge could be fun... you'd be able to just chill....
    What? You don't want a hot date?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Reading the directions for microwaving a beef pot pie:
      "Slit top crust before baking"

... X-squeeze me? It's frozen solid and I don't have the handy-dandy Popiel Pocket Chainsaw!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I just stab with a fork to perforate the crust. Seems to work.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• It's been a while, but I remember doing OK scoring the top with a sharp knife.

Comment

• I'm on another "vacay" from Facebook ... because of something I wrote back in May 2020.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• There is apparently a 'food hack' trend on TikTok where people just dump stuff on a counter to mix it rather than put it in a bowl...

Seems to me cleaning out a bowl is much easier than wiping down your entire counter.

Also, gross.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                There is apparently a 'food hack' trend on TikTok where people just dump stuff on a counter to mix it rather than put it in a bowl...

Seems to me cleaning out a bowl is much easier than wiping down your entire counter.

Also, gross.
                That is unsanitary.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• What is old is new again. However, I would recommend that you have the proper countertop, or a prep mat. The last time I did that (35+ years ago), it was on a stainless steel prep table. I do not recommend you do this on a stone countertop.

Note: A prep mat makes it easier to get your concoction into whatever container/pot it needs to go in.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
                    That is unsanitary.
                    Only if you don't clean the counter top before dumping stuff all over it. Okay, and also not have a counter top surface that is porous, like some sorts of stone or wood (I don't really get the whole 'butcher block' counter thing. I don't even use wooden cutting boards, I don't like that you can't sterilize them). I try to keep my counter tops clean enough that you could legitimately eat directly from them and it not be horribly gross.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Reading the directions for microwaving a beef pot pie:
                      "Slit top crust before baking"

... X-squeeze me? It's frozen solid and I don't have the handy-dandy Popiel Pocket Chainsaw!
                      No hammer and chisel ... ?
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• This morning I looked outside and saw a dead mouse on the patio. Made a mental note to dispose of it later But when I went out to get it, it was gone. I guess whichever Feral left it decided we weren't worthy of a gift after all.

Comment

• I don't know how I got through those years of food service at the Evil Bullseye. Survival, I guess.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Every year we try to make it until June before we turn on the air conditioning. It gets so hot here in the summer that it's wildly expensive to run the AC.

Next Monday it will be 97 degrees.

I refuse to give in.

Deploy the oscillating fans!!!

Comment

• I'm giving in and my elderly mom keeps turning it off. I mean...if she's getting cold she can put more clothes on. I get that it's her first year here after living in the desert, but I'm acclimated to the cold and I can't sleep if it's too hot. If she's worried about the bill, I have that covered. Bro and I already pay it and I can chuck more $ at it if need be.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                There is apparently a 'food hack' trend on TikTok where people just dump stuff on a counter to mix it rather than put it in a bowl...

Also, gross.
                                And yet another one.

I saw a video the other day. Serving spaghetti to a larger group. Poured two jars of sauce on the counter. Added meat balls and Parmesan and two pots of noodles. Tossed it and then garnished the edge with salad fixings.

Not sure which upsets me more:
                                The whole counter business
                                Or
                                Claiming to be Italian and saying "This is how they do it" while using cheap jar Parmesan and cheap jar sauce (unheated and no additions).

Yes, I use jar sauce. It is where I start, not where I finish.
                                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                                Save the Ales!
                                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X