Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the snipes. Both can be very territorial.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

• Kisa, I just read through about 8 pages of this thread - I'd read the ones before but then lost track.

For some reason I have a real obsession with true crime and criminal psychology. That guy is a complete psychopath IMO and I'm glad that you have taken steps to protect yourself - also that the wonderful people here at CS have given you some very good advice. I also recommend reading The Gift of Fear; I downloaded it to my iPad after someone on here recommended it and I found it very enlightening as well.

Best wishes for feeling 100% after the wisdom teeth extraction
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• How about an update? Are you ok, what happened with the asshole, do you need me to kick the shit out of him to get him to leave you alone?
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

• I'm just getting to this one, and anything I can think of to say has already been said, multiple times. ^_^;>

So, yeah -- feel better soon (I had my wisdom teeth taken out as a child, not pleasant. Might have been nicer if the laughing gas did more than make mu extremities feel numb) >_<

If he somehow tracks you down physically, call the cops ASAP because it will mean he's a sex offender within danger range of a school; they will not be inclined to make a call like that "low priority". Nail his ass to the WALL and do everything in your power to appear to be "not at home". If you think he knows you're there, set off the house alarm, hit PANIC on your car keys, set off the fire alarm if you have to. At this point, the danger would be imminent; do what you must.

If he somehow recalls your number (maybe he had it written down somewhere, and sooner or later I gotta imagine he'll either figure out what happened or just give up), GO TO THE COPS right away and do the text thing. At this point, he will be aware that he's been tricked -- and not just by you, by people close to him who could also be in danger now because of him. NOTE -- any danger would be HIS fault, NOT yours. This guy is sounds like a texbook world-class manipulator/asshole who "always gets what he wants". Don't let him.

Self-Defense classes never hurt...so to speak. While I pray you never have to use them, the self-confidence they inspire could help you out in many unrelated ways, as well. Just remember the sage advice given here already: If you can run, RUN and shout. If you can't run, disable and keep shouting (oddly/sadly enough, I suspect yelling FIRE will get a bigger response than HELP or RAPE), then run as soon as you can break free. If you can't disable, nuke the bastitch from orbit.
          Last edited by EricKei; 12-09-2011, 12:36 AM. Reason: elaboration
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei
            I suspect yelling FIRE will get a bigger response than HELP or RAPE
            When I was getting ready to move to Baltimore's ghetto that's what my sister told me. And my brother in law agreed.
            Thankfully in the 8 and a half months of living in the ghetto I have yet to have to need to do that. (my sister had said that I now walk with a purpose and give off a 'don't fuck with this chick' vibe. Though that won't be enough to dissuade a seriously disturbed person.)
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
              oddly/sadly enough, I suspect yelling FIRE will get a bigger response than HELP or RAPE
              It has been proven on multiple occasions that that is, in fact, true. And many self-defense classes teach people to do just that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

• Agreed on the yelling of "fire." I don't know why people tend to respond to that more than anything else, though. Is it an automatic means of self-preservation in that if they try to assist a victim of abuse or rape, they themselves may end up getting hurt or killed, but if they believe there's a fire, someone is more likely to call 911 because it's a common emergency addressed rather than, "Someone's getting beat up on 17th Street!" I'd love to learn more about why shouting "fire" is best in the minds of those within earshot.

I've also heard coughing all over a mugger can sometimes scare them off too...as in they don't want to be near your ass if you're sick. I have not tried this myself, but have read of others who have had success with it.

Comment

• The idea of yelling "fire" instead of "rape" is that a lot of times, people just don't want to get involved. They hear someone yelling "rape," many people will try to ignore it and find somewhere else to be, figuring it's not their problem, or perhaps it's a date gone awry and it's a domestic situation, which as any cop can tell you, is a very volatile situation.

However, when people hear "fire" it's different, as there is clearly no grey area with fire...it's dangerous to everyone, and there can be no misunderstanding if someone is yelling "fire."

At least, that's what I've been told and read, and what I believe.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

• Having had a house catch fire across the street and seeing the reactions of people, which is to flock TO the fire to watch it burn, I'd always assumed that was why. You're getting attacked, you yell FIRE, and everyone comes running to see it, thus scaring off the attacker. Or he might assume that would happen, and runs off before you get seriously hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X