Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text him back, once, and tell him you want nothing more to do with him, and that he is not to contact you again. Then ignore him and block him. You can do it without having to pay $5 extra on your plan. Go sign up for youmail.com. It's free, and you can block his number through there. Works like a charm.

Comment

Send him that text now, warning him to leave you alone, and as Kagato said, don't let him sucker you back in.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
        Kisa, I've had to report someone for telephone harassment and he won't get sent back to jail right away.
        That's a pretty daring claim to make without knowing

a) the conditions of his parole
        b) the local and state laws where Kisa lives

don't you think?

Still, I agree with the sentiment of sending one last text and then contacting the police if the harassment doesn't stop. And, no: don't meet him, don't visit him, don't talk to him on the phone. Cut all further contact, and leave it cut.

And possibly forward some of his texts to your friend, his cousin, so they know what he's been doing that prompted you to contact the police.
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Kisa, every fiber of my being is shouting..whatever you do do not go to 'talk it out' with this guy unless you have like 12 friends with you. People you KNOW you can trust. Or in a very very public place IF at all. Cause..my creepy meter has went off the charts on this one.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Kisa, if you go to AT&T and explain that you are getting harrassing calls and texts they will change your number for free. Trust me, my Oldest has had troubles with an ex-boyfriend and we have had to change her number several time due to him getting her new number.

Comment

No. No. NO. DO NOT go meet this guy. I'm with mytical, every alarm bell just went off with that text. Send him the message NOW. Tell him "Please stop texting me, I do not feel comfortable talking to you and if you keep messaging me, I will go to the police."

Keep it to the point. And follow through. Please don't meet with him. Thinking about it, only causes this sick feeling of dread at the thought. Don't go. Mytical with all due respect, I don't even think she should go with friends, or in public, I don't think she should go at all.

Just my two cents. Good luck, Kisa

Comment

I'm with lupo, he's sounding like a guy who will be spurred on by even the tiniest shred of attention, hell, probably be spurred on by the lack of attention too, but cutting him off is, in my opinion, the best course of action.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Once you send him the text telling him not to talk to you anymore, no matter what he texts back, don't respond. This is very important. The police have less ground when dealing with him if you contact him any after that even in response. From what I understand, it can invalidate your statement for him to not talk to you anymore because you are continuing to converse with him. Not sure the technical bits about it other than it's important to not respond at all after you send the message.

Be very careful with a guy like this. It would not be a bad idea to tell him sooner than Friday, especially with him thinking the two of you will be hanging out (it sounds like he was convinced it's going to happen before even telling you) on Friday. Avoid hanging out with him at any point even in groups.
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Kisa, do you have a smartphone? If so, there's apps that you can load where you can put his number on the block list. Some non-smartphones may have an internal reject list where it'll block the call but not necessarily the texting. Former Calling Card Rep has a good point in the call block with AT&T too. As for the creepy dude, don't meet him. Don't have a damn thing to do with him. Don't even respond to his texts and calls.
                    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 11-23-2011, 02:01 PM.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                      He's my best friend's cousin who just recently got out of jail for sexual assault. Everyone said he was innocent and he seemed nice so I started talking to him because he has no friends and he can't leave the house. Now my friend and many others hate him and no longer think he is as innocent as he claimed to be.
                      If I learned that anybody was in jail for sexual assault I wouldn't want anything to do with him at all, whatever you do do NOT go over his house just send the text and completely ignore him. If he keeps this shit up after that call the cops on his ass if he does go back to jail you should be happy, how do you know you're the only one he's harassing.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

I'm actually more concerned that you are concerned about what this other friends thinks than you are your personal safety.

Why don't you think any better of yourself than that? I'm dead serious. You're being stalked here by a convicted sex offender...let's please use the proper terminology for what is going on here....and you're worried about angering some other person (who, by the way, keeps convicted sex offenders as friends)?

Also, the guy "has no friends"...you might consider why that is.

Do not text him or continue talking to him in any way. Not even to tell him to leave you alone. Every time you utter anything to him, you've just told a stalker/convicted sex offender that he is free to ignore what you have to say. That your "no" is meaningless.

Why do you think you have to be polite, be nice, and not piss anyone off? Why do you think you owe this guy any sort of "closure" or a chance to "clear the air"? You don't. You owe it to yourself not get get assaulted and stalked. Why are you protecting a convicted sex offender/stalker? That's exactly what you're doing. Think about it.

Your current attitude is making you a very, very good victim right now. Time to change it.

Call the cops. Start a file on him. If he goes to jail again, that's on him, not you.
                        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          No. No. NO. DO NOT go meet this guy. I'm with mytical, every alarm bell just went off with that text. Send him the message NOW. Tell him "Please stop texting me, I do not feel comfortable talking to you and if you keep messaging me, I will go to the police."

Keep it to the point. And follow through. Please don't meet with him. Thinking about it, only causes this sick feeling of dread at the thought. Don't go. Mytical with all due respect, I don't even think she should go with friends, or in public, I don't think she should go at all.

Just my two cents. Good luck, Kisa
                          A thousand times this, do NOT go over there, do not go over with your friends do not meet him at all, do not tell him where you are and if anyone gives him that info flip out on them! They are not your friends if they do. He does not deserve any attention from you, do not be guilted by him, please please please be safe this is absolutely serious and you need to be safe.
                          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                            That's a pretty daring claim to make without knowing

a) the conditions of his parole
                            b) the local and state laws where Kisa lives

don't you think?

Still, I agree with the sentiment of sending one last text and then contacting the police if the harassment doesn't stop. And, no: don't meet him, don't visit him, don't talk to him on the phone. Cut all further contact, and leave it cut.
                            And if he IS violating his parole by acting in this fashion? It's his choice, he obviously doesn't deserve parole if he can't abide by the guidlines set.
                            This type of behavior sets off all sorts of alarms in my head. I've seen it before with friends being on the recieving end and it generally ends up with the offending individual becoming violent.
                            That may or may not be his case, but given that he is now sending you orders ("I want you to come over friday or saturday; thats 3 days notice for you so do that; we'll talk and straighten shit out" is exactly that) you need to be even more wary. I may be an alarmist here, but it's only because I've held friends when it came down and they needed a safe place to cry and wouldn't the rest of us break any limbs.
                            Above all, be safe.

Comment

Kisa, just remember WWJD.

(What Would Jester Do?)

We don't want any more Tiny Dancers either.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Jester would probably go over there and offer to kick the guy's ass for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X