Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with Valentine's Day. I don't consider Black Friday a holiday so that wasn't really an option to me. Valentine's Day is lame to me because if you are single, the holiday is just there to remind you that you've got no one. And if you do, it pressures you to do all sorts of ridiculous crap.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Valentines day - simply because there's now a massive commercial pressure to show your partner how much you love them on this one day. I prefer to make sure that my g/f knows every single day how much I love her (as opposed to the day where I'm socially obliged to show her some affection).
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Valentines day - simply because there's now a massive commercial pressure to show your partner how much you love them on this one day. I prefer to make sure that my g/f knows every single day how much I love her (as opposed to the day where I'm socially obliged to show her some affection).
        Don't forget its red-headed stepchild, Sweetest Day, which is a Hallmark Holiday if there ever was one.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Don't forget its red-headed stepchild, Sweetest Day, which is a Hallmark Holiday if there ever was one.
          What the fudge is sweetheart day..? I don't think this particular one has crossed the pond yet.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh, I guess it's still a U.S.-only thing. Or in particular a Midwestern U.S. thing.

It's sort of a second Valentines Day, held in October and brought to you by people in Cleveland. Then again, so was the burning of the Cuyahoga River, so perhaps we shouldn't take their word as gospel.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              Valentines day - simply because there's now a massive commercial pressure to show your partner how much you love them on this one day.
              And God forbid you don't do all sorts of stuff for your partner that day, something is clearly wrong with you.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I hate Valentines day - last year was the one year I've had where it was "good" by societal romance standards;
                But I grew up in a flower shop.... Valentines starts on Jan. 2nd....

If you end up dating someone who works in a Flower Shop at Valentines - best gift ever? a massage!
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I generally like most holidays, I voted april fools because it really isn't my thing. I like Labor day, do you know that is really hard to spell right (for you US peeps anyway ) for an English girl like me. Mostly because it means I'm at Dragon*Con which is pretty much the only reason I know it exists.
                  Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Valentine's Day: I don't need some commercialized holiday for my significant other to be forced to be romantic to me and buy me shit because of it when he can and is romantic to me all the time!

Black Friday: If I want a sale or a sweet deal on something, I'm not going to waste all day camped out or getting plowed down by idiots and crowds for that. Fuck that.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Nice to see that my least favorite and most mocked holiday is tied for the lead.

For those wondering which one I'm referring to, let me just say that I don't work retail, and never have. Next question.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X