This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't I feel the fool

Have you ever bought some things to support an organization, only to find out later that place isn't as great?

I just did this....my mother gave me $ to get myself a Christmas gift, and there is this organization I liked. Well, in my zeal I purchased said goodies, and did more research....this place isn't so hot. I am not sure I buy the controversy, as its heated, but its enough to tarnish.

Not sure if its too late to cancel said order or if I should. I think they do some good, just not all honestly.

Anyway, just some helpful if obvious advice....do research, don't fall for stories.

If anyone is curious about the organization, just PM me...I don't want to derail with Fratching.

(the fact that I've been feeling the season blues hasn't help....though I had nipped that in the bud)
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Sorry to hear you feel a bit like you were duped, Cat...hopefully your generous donation WILL be used for good. In any event, that was your intention.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Seems its just one other group bashing the one I supported....I cannot any gov't agencies backing these claims....I think that is a good sign.

Damn the internet.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

You ordered some product(s) you wanted. Presumably, the organization in question will in due time be sending you said product(s). Now, unless they are engaged in some truly heinous activity, such as supporting terrorism, molesting puppies, eating babies, or installing automatic transmissions in Porsche 911s, their alleged behavior probably isn't so bad for you to cancel your order with them. Maybe enough for you to reconsider ordering from them again, and chalking this up as a learning experience for the future, but all in all, I'd say take your product and make future decisions based upon whatever you learn about the truth about these allegations.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X