This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi day

Yesterday was Pi day in the States (March 14 written as 3.14)

Made me wonder if folks across the pond celebrate Pi day on 22/7

We celebrated by having pot pie and shepherd's pie for dinner with chocolate satin pie for dessert.

That's as much as I can remember. I used to have it memorized a lot further.

Back in high school, we had Pi reciting contests on Pi Day. The prizes were, of course, pies. Don't underestimate how motivating free pie can be...BFF and I started prepping about a week ahead of time each year so we would rock that contest. And rock it, we did. Mmmm.....pie....I never lost one of those school contests....
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Anybody have a squid pie?

Or are those only for the sub standard military?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

no but i do wonder if people celebrate Tau day too.

pi is wrong

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          no but i do wonder if people celebrate Tau day too.
          Tau can go shove it
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My nerd friends and I do. We used to do all sorts of Pi stuff.

March 14th is also another holiday but I don't speak of it in polite society.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post

I came home to a bunch of steak in the fridge.....

But we had pie!

Comment

I wish everyone a Happy Pi Day. The world needs more nerds in it. And yes, I bought myself a pie for Pi Day. It was yummy!
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  What, you mean White Day? I thought Japanese society was especially polite.

Background: in Japan, Valentine's Day is when women are supposed to give chocolate to men they admire - and White Day is when men are supposed to return the favour.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                    Mmm steak.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                      Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      Quoth Greenday View Post
                      Mmm steak.
                      IIRC, it's "Steak and Dr. Hunnicutt Day". For those not familiar with the good doctor, watch a couple episodes of M*A*S*H (if Trapper John is in the episode, you need to get some later episodes).
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Pi Day in an Australian government department

http://i.imgur.com/Jy8ui0Q.jpg

I friggin' love baking

Bottom left: Cheesecake Pie.
                        Bottom Middle: Lemon Chess Pie.
                        Top Left: Berry Pie.
                        Top Right: Chocolate Pie.
                        Silver bowl: Berry and Rhubarb compote!
                        Last edited by Dips; 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM. Reason: changed oversize image to link

Comment

I missed celebrating Pi Day.

So I made up for it two days later on 3/16 by celebrating Stunner Day.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                          X