X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tama View Post
    You named your dumpster? :-)

That's neat.
    Yep. It's an ongoing thing with me and our Market Manager . . . he'll come through with a big bag of crap (leftover scraps/out of date fresh meat/seafood, etc) grinning from ear to ear "Fred's gonna eat good this morning."

The other day he had some of the waxy boxes to throw out there . . . which was a good thing, as everybody needs fiber in their diet.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well this week we just got a rather interesting new addition to our lost and found. Someone brought a suction handle (the kind you use to carry panes of glass) to the reception desk saying they'd found it just lying discarded by the elevators.

So far as I know there's been no renovation or maintenance people in the office recently so no idea where it came from.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        I understand that Yo Yo Ma once left his cello in a cab on his way to a performance. Fortunately the cabbie realized it and got it back to him before showtime. But if Yo Yo Ma can forget his cello....
        Yeah, I am with Yo Yo Ma on this one.

A couple of years ago I went to a Tae Kwon Do tournament . . . and forgot my dobuk (uniform). I had pressed it and put it on a hanger (so it would look freshly pressed for poomse or forms competition) and hung it on the coat hanger by the door. Left it there when I packed everything else up in the car.

Which would have meant I would not be able to compete. It was a 90 minute drive one way home. I wasn't going to waste 3 hours on the road.

Luckily, the school manager was coming up later in the day and agreed to bring me a new dobuk (which of course I had to pay for). Expensive lesson.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
          There was something many customer forgot to take with them, leaving them in their shopping carts for me to deal with.
          The dirty diapers of their kids that they were too stupid to throw away.
          Left in carts which people actually put their FOOD in, and 75 percent of these carts were always leaning against a damn garbage can that the customer was too stupid to put the diaper into, located only inches away.
          Still feel like using a shopping cart longer than necessary? You never know what it's previous user before you has done with it. Wiping their snot on it or wiping off the poop from their brat because they have zero maternal parenting skills. Next time you get a cart, keep that in mind!!!
          Speaking of dirty carriages....one thing that never fails to irritate me is bottle customers. They have tons of bottles (and why is it mostly glass bottles) piled loosely into their back seats/back of pickups/etc that they'll dump loose into the carriages. These aren't cans and bottles from when they bought soda or beer from the store, this is "garbage' from their basements or laying around the streets.
          People have to put their groceries and kids in those carriages.

Comment

Working...
          X