Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woes of a Dispatcher - No brakes in here (short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woes of a Dispatcher - No brakes in here (short)

BG: I am a dispatcher/clerk at a trifecta of towing company/minimart/garage

We have a long building, half is the minimart/dispatch center and the other is the garage.

The mini mart looks like a mini mart full of candy, drinks, and coffee pots. I sit in a ring of a counter complete with cigarettes above my head... My Fortress of Tobacco if you will. The garage has 3 large bay doors in the front and a single glass door that says the garage name on it.

Pretty straightforward right?

Nope.

Man runs in out of breath coming from his car, "Hey can you squeeze in a break job for me quick?"

I actually looked around for a microsecond at the array of junk food, sugary drinks and old syrupy coffee pots and pointed to the connecting wall. "You have to go next door and ask them"

Man gives me a look and stomps over there.

Dude...I just sling everything that is bad for you. I can't help you stop.

You couldn't magically accommodate his every whim
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm sure he got no joy in the Garage either... the likelihood that they had the exact pads and rotors on hand to service his car is near-zero.

Comment

Can't you see I'm selling a Snickers bar?
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Could be candy bars, could be brake pads.... you never know, doesn't hurt to ask.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Shoulda sold him a KitKat bar.

Comment

All the candy posted in this thread gave me a toothache ^_^

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Could be candy bars, could be brake pads.... you never know, doesn't hurt to ask.
              He walked past the open bay doors and the garage door to get to me. I feel special as if he chose me for his precarious mission of the brake quest.

Comment

Quoth JarethsPet View Post
                brake quest.

Thank You For Playing Brake Quest I

As Usual, You've Been a Real Hoot!

RESTORE RESTART QUIT
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                X