This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?

Had a gent yesterday that wanted his old membership info from last year's cancellation deleted and purged because we might get hacked just like the other credit bureau that starts with an e. Ok, fair enough, I'll see if there's a way to do that.

But wait, he also wants his whole credit history deleted off our server, and no record of any of his info, Sosh, address, name, anything left. Even if that's possible (which it's not, or at least not from the call center!), he's just going to end up having any existing creditors report next month, and he'll have a file back with us again.

I inform him of this, he requests a sup, I get on the line with one to warm transfer him over, and when I tell the sup the issue, (normally a VERY calm lady) she actually flinched out with " Oh, that's imPOSSible!"

Assume

If you and other companies could do it then he would ZERO credit history!

Then he would start screaming because no-one will let him buy a house, car or any other big purchase - and no-one will loan them money either.

Comment

True, but yea there are places I wish I could get my info purged just in case but that's now how it works.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Well, he wouldn't have credit history for awhile, until his creditors report next month, which of course will restart the file.

But of course, it doesn't matter, because there's no practical way to fulfill his request.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          Then he would start screaming because no-one will let him buy a house, car or any other big purchase - and no-one will loan them money either.
          Yep, he'd be starting from scratch. But, just imagine the tantrum he'd throw because nobody would lend him cash...at least not for a low interest rate. You can guarantee that he'd be holding up the line screaming about how he's not poor, he makes so much money, and he'll take his business somewhere else, etc.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X