This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm going to call corporate!!!"...

.....spoken by a library customer this afternoon. (not a customer I directly dealt with, but I was on the customer service desk when this happened)

The SC was apparently one of those people who prefer to return library materials to the customer service desk, and get a receipt for the items which were checked in. This in itself is NOT unreasonable, especially since sometimes customers have had legitimate problems with library materials not being properly checked in.

Where this woman got sucky was that my co-worker had accidentally closed out something on her computer screen, and was not able to print out a "check-in receipt". She offered to print out a list of what the SC had on her account, as proof that the items had been checked in, but that wasn't the answer the SC wanted to hear.....she insisted on an actual "check-in receipt". (claimed she was a cashier, and that there was always a way to re-print receipts)

Anyhow, my co-worker went into the staff area to get someone who might be able to help, and in the meantime, the SC left and commented to me she was going to call corporate. (wasn't yelling or anything, but I could tell she was annoyed)

So.....I don't know if she really did call someone or not, but I'm not sure what else could've been done. She didn't like any of the options offered to her, and our computer system really is NOT set up to re-print receipts, unless it's been a payment transaction.

Oh for pitys sake, anal Annie. Get the receipt you're offered and go on about your day.

Comment

Granted, I live in a smaller town, and our library is run by the city, but how can you call "corporate" on a library? Are they privately owned? I thought most libraries were either "public" libraries (i.e. city or state-run) or libraries owned by educational institutions.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        Granted, I live in a smaller town, and our library is run by the city, but how can you call "corporate" on a library? Are they privately owned? I thought most libraries were either "public" libraries (i.e. city or state-run) or libraries owned by educational institutions.
        Yeah...

This is true.

Hmmm...

How far will the sucky library customer get over a piece of paper?

Good grief

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          I work in a public library system, so if the SC really wanted to call "corporate", her only options would be to either contact city management, or upper management in the library. (our direct branch manager is aware of the situation, fortunately)

Comment

With her reply I'm guessing she tends to throw that line around a lot.

Comment

Ah, the "threat" to call corporate. Been there, done that, got the $2 T shirt.

Years ago--when the Earth was flat, and cars had square wheels--I was a newspaper carrier. I only had one guy actually do it to complain. But this isn't about him. No, it's about the woman who nearly ran me down while I was trying to cross the street. I'm pulling my beat-up wagon across an intersection, when a bright red sports car nearly hits me. Naturally, I flipped off the driver. She didn't take kindly to that, and threw her car into reverse to scream at me over the "obscene gesture" I'd given her. Again, I told her to fuck off and went back to what I was doing. That's when she threatened to call the paper and bitch.

My reaction? Good luck with that. Which one of the 16 kids--none of whom have actually *met* anyone at the newspaper, and none of us have any identifying marks (route numbers) on our privately-owned vehicles--are you going to tattle on? Even if she did, it would be her word against mine. Plus, I had several witnesses.

Then she threatened to call the cops. Uh, with what? This was the early 1990s--no way she had a cell phone. Even if the cops did come, I could simply tell them that she was speeding and nearly ran me down.

In the end, nothing ever happened. All that bravado, so little result.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X