No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have annual safety inspections next week...I wonder how the can-collectors will fare (I can't see them paying for one of the basement storage rooms--where the hell do they put all those cans?).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I'd rather have a second job than have to collect cans.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Dear Neighbor to the Left:

Please control your damn grandchildren, because they are going to get run over by a car one of these days [I'm surprised that they haven't already]. Also might want to sit them down at some point and tell them that its not okay to be playing in someone else's yard, even if said someone is not at home. I have already told them half a dozen times since Thanksgiving to get out of my driveway, if I had been at home it would've been more. And I know that the three neighbors in front of us have had the cops called on your "precious little babies" numerous times in the last several weeks because they were trespassing on their property.

Don't look surprised that I know that happened, I DO talk to people even if you falsely believe I'm some type of hermit who doesn't come out of her house. You are NOT winning brownie points with your neighbors, or anyone in the neighborhood for that matter. Because if the Thanksgiving holidays were any indication of how well you, and the grandkid's parents, watch them, they'll be running around the neighborhood screaming and carrying on during the Christmas holidays as well.
        Last edited by Android Kaeli; 11-30-2017, 01:27 PM.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• FL--we think this is their job...every time we see them exit the building it's to go on can patrol. They even take the wine bottles from the trash room...my state has no deposit on those, so what do they do with them? I don't even know if there are any recycling places that just give money for glass anymore.

ETA: I went over to the store earlier to take our accumulated cans over (just a few bucks, but it keeps us in Dunkin coffees) and ran into the male party...he was watching the bags I was carrying quite intently. That's a tad creepy; he never actually approached me but still--!

Mom's said that over the past year or so this place has become an expensive tenement...when we moved in it was billed as a 'professional' building--strict noise policies/quiet hours enforcement, fast crackdown on loud parties, students had to be vouched for, etc. Now things are such that a friend across the street has been calling in noise complaints to the offices on what sounds like 10 people in a 2-bedroom apartment (we told her to just call the cops next time). The can collectors must be getting beaucoup assistance as I doubt they're coming anywhere close to making the rent (~3K/month going by what we pay) just from whatever they do.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-01-2017, 02:07 AM.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• It's not even 9:00 am on a Sunday and you're at it with the bass again. I can't even be in my own living room. It's my only hope that when I get home you'll have found something useful to do with your time. I'm not even sure you work, given that you slam the door going in and out all day every day, like a cat. Oh, and was that you at 4:15 am??

Can we make all the bad neighbors live next to each other in the same building?
            Last edited by Food Lady; 12-17-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• I really hope the furniture I see going out is you moving.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Food Lady;1358671
                Can we make all the bad neighbors live next to each other in the same building?[/QUOTE]

What a lovely thought . . .

I mean, who the f**k vacuums at 12:45 AM on a Friday morning? Why aren't you sleeping? Don't you have a job to go to in the morning?

Wait, that would explain a lot . . .

Comment

• Do you live next to jobless insomniacs? I just bought a vacuum but I promise I'm waiting until tomorrow to use it!

Comment

• Actually, they're upstairs. Annoying. Oh, well, it's only happened the once.

I'd love to believe they were clearing up to move, but I doubt it . . .

Comment

• This is turning into Silence of the Lambs. It turns on the bass and gets the fan again. I have a big floor fan that tilts. The rim is against the shared wall and the fan on high. I can make vibrations, too.

This is the bizarre method by which they are slowly driving me insane:

--I get up--no matter what time or day--to peace, until 10 minutes later when the bass kicks in. I feel like they hear me come into my living room or something.
                      --I turn on the fan against the wall and make my coffee.
                      --Maybe 15 minutes later the bass is off so I turn off my fan so as not to waste energy. Plus, I prefer quiet. Sometimes the music being turned off is followed by someone leaving and slamming the door in the process. But I tend to get a quiet half hour until
                      --The bass goes back on again, sometimes preceded by a door slam as someone comes back in.

Wash, rinse, repeat. This happens on Saturdays. It happens on weekdays when I have purposely taken time off work. It happens in the mornings before I go to work. Sometimes it happens in the evening. Why are these people inandoutinandoutinandoutinandout like cats??
                      Last edited by Food Lady; 12-21-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• For the love of all that is holy pleeeeaase STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is eleven forty-five p.m. You have been doing this for a half hour. Why do you need to go outside and come back in and go back outside 10 minutes later?? I *know* it's not to take the trash out because your trash bag lays there in front of your door for days on end. I'm not in bed yet but what if I was? I'm sure your neighbor downstairs does not appreciate it any more than I do. I can close the door without slamming it. I know you can but you choose to act like an 8-year-old.

Comment

• They must be related to the Warts, my next door neighbors. These people come outside at all times of the day or night, no matter what the weather is, and in the process SLAM the inner door and SLAM the outer door.

When they arrive in their car, for some reason unknown to gods or men, four people find the need to SLAM car doors 7 or 8 times. Also, when they go shopping, they come back, take the bags into the house, go back into the car and leave. A little while later, they come back, take the bags into the house, and leave again. I have never seen anyone who needs to go to several different stores come back home in between each store.

They slam the house doors constantly, be it 7 am or 2 pm or 3:30 am. I am convinced that they chose to buy the storm door precisely because of the noise it makes when it slams. If they ever had to be silent to save their lives, they would be dead within three seconds.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            If they ever had to be silent to save their lives, they would be dead within three seconds.
                            This part is making me so hard I'm crying. Thank you, MC; I need to laugh today.

Comment

• Are you making announcements over a loudspeaker over there?? That's it; I'm making a paper trail. I'm documenting times and dates. I know you are quiet after 10:00 pm but you can't have a show or band practice in a unit that borders 3 others. I've gotten a business shut down. Are you trying to be evicted?

Comment

• I'm just gonna leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqChni_L5HQ

Comment

Working...
                                X