No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my cat to the vet for a checkup. Everything was fine, and he behaved well, which was a surprise. Then it comes time to pay. My cat's name is Tesla. The vet asks me "Did you name him after the car or the band?" I'm at a lost. I sounded so stupid..."um...the scientist?" I had to laugh.

Comment

• My kiddo the other day: "Revenge is ice cream".

I asked him what he meant. If you take the phrases "sweet revenge" and "revenge is a dish best served cold"...well...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Pixi_kitty View Post
        I took my cat to the vet for a checkup. Everything was fine, and he behaved well, which was a surprise. Then it comes time to pay. My cat's name is Tesla. The vet asks me "Did you name him after the car or the band?" I'm at a lost. I sounded so stupid..."um...the scientist?" I had to laugh.
        Heh. My sister's Labradors are named Tesla and Faraday. Tesla is the older sister, who is small, black and smart. Her younger brother is a big yellow goofball. Watching them interact is fun....

Comment

• So boss, you want to know why I started working on "task A" so late in the day? How about because I'm the only one on that desk this week and every time I started to work on something, YOU brought me something new to do which had to be done by a certain time in the day? I've only been on this job for 4 months, I'm not as fast on these things as the people who've been there for years, and even they can't do eight things at once.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• You know what? Fine. I told you people that this was a bad fit. I told you I don't have the skill set, the knowledge or the background. But no, you wanted me to "think positive."

How about this? I'm positive I'll be out of a job in the new year. Happy now?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• One of the benefits of being a parent is that I watch a lot of kid movies I wouldn't have otherwise. Coco is a beautiful, heartfelt celebration of the most unique elements if Mexican culture. And yes, my son bawled (he's a movie crier).

Maybe I did too, a little.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Wow, due to I-5 southbound being closed from the train derailment, traffic is unpleasant. I don't live exactly there, but I have family somewhat nearby. I found a news site which recommended going all the way around the Key Peninsula! I know this means nothing to most of you. Normally the trip from Tacoma to Olympia is about 30 miles, taking about 35 minutes. (well, maybe at 3 AM, but go with me here) The route this site suggests is 85 miles long and would take and hour and forty minutes. If you just take the detour around the derailment it still only should take an hour. It's such a strange suggestion.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Ruby a condescending little pain in the butt and Max is a brat. There, I said it. Sorry, Rosemary Wells.

Comment

• Saw a billboard on the train platform today "Experience Life Off The Grid"...in a [trendy outdoor outfitters] store. Is it just me or is that weird?
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I struggle to plot & outline & write my own stuff, yet I have this epic Obi-wan Kenobi fanfiction all worked out in my detail in my head. Why God why?

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        I struggle to plot & outline & write my own stuff, yet I have this epic Obi-wan Kenobi fanfiction all worked out in my detail in my head. Why God why?
                        I know that feel, man. I try to write my original stuff, and it's a slog. And lately, even my fanfiction stuff is getting tricky, as my creative center is going "RASSLIN' STORIES, YA'LL!"
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          I know that feel, man. I try to write my original stuff, and it's a slog. And lately, even my fanfiction stuff is getting tricky, as my creative center is going "RASSLIN' STORIES, YA'LL!"
                          Fictitious match stories! Hillbilly Jim vs The Undertaker. King Kong Bundy vs Goldberg...you know...things like that!

Glenn Goza vs Jimmy Hart...Brother Love vs Mr. Fuji...

Comment

• Speaking of random thoughts: have you guys seen the "Bob Ross" chia?

Comment

• Yup, mom thinks it (well, all chia pets) are creepy.

Why do I need a boxcutter to open this package which contains a boxcutter? Doesn't buying one usually imply you don't have one?
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Today I learned that once your son outgrows boys size 6 shoes, there is no place to go but men's sizes. 7 1/2, to be precise. This would be less surprising if he wasn't 8 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X