This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    So she just needs to call Comcast and hopefully they'll clear everything up.
    May the fates have mercy upon her >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have a question. You told her not to turn something off by unplugging it (computer) then told her to turn something off by unplugging it (modem). That didn't confuse her at all?

Comment

Quoth Sammy7s7 View Post
        I have a question. You told her not to turn something off by unplugging it (computer) then told her to turn something off by unplugging it (modem). That didn't confuse her at all?

I think I had made it clear to her that the computer needed to be shut down safely but the modem could simply be unplugged, as long as it was for at least a couple of minutes.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          But it is not the lack of ability I dislike, it is people who will not admit that lack. They insist that they can do something they can not do and repeatly make things worse no matter how many times you tell them not to touch/change stuff.
          Sounds like the guy Argabarga's shop just fired.

Comment

I've told my Dad (who techno-dumb, at best) 100s of times "Don't click on anything, don't download anything". Yet I'm constantly cleaning out his computer.
            "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

Working...
            X